The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2nd Annual Midwest Stangs Track Day at Mid-America Motorplex, May 24th & 25th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
I passed it on to the club... they will probably be down there if needed to fill the remaining spots...
I "finally" got track rims and tires from Pemberton... now I want to use them... but I am still planning on being king of the wave-bys... lol

I am going to try to come down on Sunday to the NASA event and hand out flyers. If not it sounds as if another club member should be there to sometime. Don't really want to miss out on the cheap days, as I just got my continentals mounted today.

12coBoss said:
I am going to try to come down on Sunday to the NASA event and hand out flyers. If not it sounds as if another club member should be there to sometime. Don't really want to miss out on the cheap days, as I just got my continentals mounted today.
Now just hoping it doesn't rain all weekend :mad:

GB899 said:
Looks like they still need 10 more cars as of this morning...
Any idea on where they are at with this event? I had a good day on Saturday and found some better lines through a couple turns that I wanted to work on Sunday but we got rained out. I'd be up for hitting this event on the way home from MPH if it's still on. There are probably some other guys that are going to MPH that would go too....especially if we could just run Saturday.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Seemed to be some folks open for a one day trip to MAM. Is this an option, and would think it could be done, as most events offer at a lower price , though not half as the track does have to be rented for both days.

Told a couple of guys and they are seriously considering.

cloud9 said:
Any idea on where they are at with this event? I had a good day on Saturday and found some better lines through a couple turns that I wanted to work on Sunday but we got rained out. I'd be up for hitting this event on the way home from MPH if it's still on. There are probably some other guys that are going to MPH that would go too....especially if we could just run Saturday.

Yea just a few short of our minimum but pretty sure the event is a go as we have till the day of the event to fill those spots. I shot an email about the price for one day, but fast Fridays are $120 for the day so still a decent price if you only do the one day. I will let you know what they say about the price and one day though.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The Event is a go , as the minimum number was met , but no reason not to tell your friends as $120 for two track days is the least expensive price I have seen in 6-8 years!!! Great to see this work out for the Club, but let's work to get more of our Mustang and Boss friends to sign up!

12coBoss said:
Yea just a few short of our minimum but pretty sure the event is a go as we have till the day of the event to fill those spots. I shot an email about the price for one day, but fast Fridays are $120 for the day so still a decent price if you only do the one day. I will let you know what they say about the price and one day though.
It says certified drivers to arrive at 8:30 but doesn't say when the track goes green. It just says classroom instruction starts at 10:30 a.m. I assume the advanced group will get a green track somewhere around 9 a.m.? Looks like track goes cold at 3:00 p.m. so just wanting to make sure we'd get plenty of time on track. Do you know if they're making transponders available?

So I did check and it is $120 whether you do one day or both, no discount if you just run the one day. From what I understand the certified drivers will be running while the others are in class. I know we will have transponders on Sunday I am checking for Saturday too. The track is shutting down at 3 as we have drag racing at 330. So I asked how much time certified drivers will see on Saturday and if transponders will be available.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You might make a suggestion that a one day price could be viewed with a minor discount ( say 100 for one day), as most groups will allow for a one day stint. Since the minimum is met, it might help to get a full day on Sunday or a few more even on Saturday. Not suggesting a big discount, as frankly do not know any group that does as they have to commit to 2 days of track time , and the discounted amount is always quite small, but it may get a few more bodies out there that can only get off work one day?

Just a thought and appreciate you looking into it. I will see you on both days, excited to get the new Boss out there , just hoping it runs as strong as the 2012 Comp Orange ( J. Scheier and Gary G. both know that that is one of the fastest colors out there, ha). Just hoping the SBY LS can mirror my idol ( PJ) and his runs in the legendary color for a Boss!!??

12coBoss said:
So I did check and it is $120 whether you do one day or both, no discount if you just run the one day. From what I understand the certified drivers will be running while the others are in class. I know we will have transponders on Sunday I am checking for Saturday too. The track is shutting down at 3 as we have drag racing at 330. So I asked how much time certified drivers will see on Saturday and if transponders will be available.
Any updates on this? Also it sounds like there's some competition but not sure what it is?? Is it classed or just advanced and novice groups. Is the competition timed just for Sunday or both days?

From their site: "After assessment of skills by track staff, controlled "wheel to wheel" competition may be allowed."

Sunday will be an open lap format in groups of 20 cars starting at approximately 11:00am and will run until 4:00pm. At 4:00pm we will have a special "Australian Chase" competition allowing drivers to test skills, set benchmarks and win trophies. At the conclusion of the day a complementary BBQ will be served to all participants and trophies will be awarded.

Interested in going but would like to better understand the format.......

Sorry it took so long to get back to you all. As far as a discount we will not be doing that this year. In the future we are going to be looking at different packages, but unfortunately this year we can't offer a discount for just one day.

We are going to group the experienced people with experienced people, novice with novice. As far as the competition on Sunday, we will have groups of 10 cars running 5 laps a piece, release 10 seconds apart. These will be timed laps so not exactly wheel to wheel. Times will determine the winners. We are still trying to get the transponders for Saturday for people that want them, but may come with the fee.

Saturday it is looking as if everyone will get 4 sessions of 20-30 minutes. Sunday will be 3 sessions plus the 5 lap Australian chase.

If you have any more questions let me know. Looking forward in getting a few more people for this event.

12coBoss said:
Sorry it took so long to get back to you all. As far as a discount we will not be doing that this year. In the future we are going to be looking at different packages, but unfortunately this year we can't offer a discount for just one day.

We are going to group the experienced people with experienced people, novice with novice. As far as the competition on Sunday, we will have groups of 10 cars running 5 laps a piece, release 10 seconds apart. These will be timed laps so not exactly wheel to wheel. Times will determine the winners. We are still trying to get the transponders for Saturday for people that want them, but may come with the fee.

Saturday it is looking as if everyone will get 4 sessions of 20-30 minutes. Sunday will be 3 sessions plus the 5 lap Australian chase.

If you have any more questions let me know. Looking forward in getting a few more people for this event.
That sounds great. I do have a lap timer in my car so if we can't get them Saturday not the end of the world, but would be happy to pay the "normal" $10 MAM transponder fee if that's the case. Sunday sounds fun....a Time Trial format in this situation makes a lot more sense. I booked a hotel today in Council Bluffs and just registered. I don't know if any of my buddies from the MPH event will make it so might be flying solo. Looking forward to meeting you assuming the car survives MPH without any serious mechanicals :)

cloud9 said:
That sounds great. I do have a lap timer in my car so if we can't get them Saturday not the end of the world, but would be happy to pay the "normal" $10 MAM transponder fee if that's the case. Sunday sounds fun....a Time Trial format in this situation makes a lot more sense. I booked a hotel today in Council Bluffs and just registered. I don't know if any of my buddies from the MPH event will make it so might be flying solo. Looking forward to meeting you assuming the car survives MPH without any serious mechanicals :)

Well, there goes the neighborhood... :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel