The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2nd Annual Midwest Stangs Track Day at Mid-America Motorplex, May 24th & 25th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
That sounds great. I do have a lap timer in my car so if we can't get them Saturday not the end of the world, but would be happy to pay the "normal" $10 MAM transponder fee if that's the case. Sunday sounds fun....a Time Trial format in this situation makes a lot more sense. I booked a hotel today in Council Bluffs and just registered. I don't know if any of my buddies from the MPH event will make it so might be flying solo. Looking forward to meeting you assuming the car survives MPH without any serious mechanicals :)

Hopefully we get to see you that weekend. Looks as if they are shutting down registration after 5 more applicants so if anyone else is interested should try to get registered soon. I think it will be a great weekend.

vista6019 said:
Any spots remaining for this event?

Go ahead and register, I have not seen anything saying that the event is full yet. If you are thinking about it try to register ASAP as they were closing it down, if it doesn't let you let me know I can see if I can still get you in.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hopefully you registered, as there might be an opening or two ---- always good to check as someone might cancel and a spot comes open.

Should be a fun time and the price is unbelievably low!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sold out -- nice to have a couple of fun events in the Midwest for Mustangs. If you missed this , you need to be faster on the draw and not miss the Mustang Roundup/Boss Reunion in Sept. at MPH ( www.racemph.com for info )

Had a great time on Saturday. It was great to see Bill, Jeremy and Rob and to meet Reggie. Dang his car pulls like a freight train on that corn! Here's some vid playing with a wicked fast FR-S. It was gutted down to 2500 lbs and made 400ish at the wheels. He was young, fearless and quick! I thought we were going out under yellow so let him run out quite a bit before I realized we were starting green. Had a lot of fun chasing him down though. :)

http://youtu.be/6ZY-4C6h6C0

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
Great video Cloud 9... I had a great time on Saturday, I really need to work on my line...
could not make it back down Sunday... so sad...
Great seeing all the BMO guys down there... and meeting a few new Boss guys...
next stop is Hastings Nebraska this fall... Boss Round up @ MPH... see you there

cloud9 said:
Had a great time on Saturday. It was great to see Bill, Jeremy and Rob and to meet Reggie. Dang his car pulls like a freight train on that corn! Here's some vid playing with a wicked fast FR-S. It was gutted down to 2500 lbs and made 400ish at the wheels. He was young, fearless and quick! I thought we were going out under yellow so let him run out quite a bit before I realized we were starting green. Had a lot of fun chasing him down though. :)

http://youtu.be/6ZY-4C6h6C0

Good to meet you to Gary. Had a great time this weekend and picking up some tips from you and Bill. I was happy to get down to 1:45 and a few 46's but still have a ton of room to improve. Couldn't get close to those times on Sunday though, silver vette won the timed runs with a 1:44, blue nissan had a 1:46, all I could muster during that time was a 1:49.

12coBoss said:
Good to meet you to Gary. Had a great time this weekend and picking up some tips from you and Bill. I was happy to get down to 1:45 and a few 46's but still have a ton of room to improve. Couldn't get close to those times on Sunday though, silver vette won the timed runs with a 1:44, blue nissan had a 1:46, all I could muster during that time was a 1:49.
That's great you're moving really quick to turn a 1:45 already! Wish I could have stuck around to knock off the Vette in the timed competition Sunday but three days on the track and it was time to get home. The FR-S and I were running low 1:40s when we got some clean laps on Saturday. That was the FR-S driver in the silver Vette. After he blew up his trans he started driving his brother's silver Vette but it wasn't as quick as the FR-S.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks to all , and got enough track time to burn up my used Continentals. Decided against using my new tires for Sunday as there is a NASA event coming up this weekend in Topeka -- some of you guys should really consider coming down, as that is a fun track!!! Drop me an email or call for information and I can get you a discount also [email protected] or 402-677-5864.

Jeremy , call me on tires , as MAM always has been a bit rough on rubber , but those used Continentals ( from the Tudor Continental Series ) can be purchased from GT Racing for a good price and then if you use up a tire you don't feel so bad ( I blistered my left rear almost down to the cord but at $100 a pop you don't feel so bad ).

You and Reggie were definitely hauling the mail for guys who supposedly have just started , and kudos to you for doing on mismatched tires, as well as Reggie for running dinky little 285s!!!

Appreciated the event as it gave me an idea how the SBY will run at NASA Time Trials ( seems the old man learned a few things that everyone is up on power compared to me ) , and appreciate the ideas I got from everyone.

Special thanks to Gary, appreciated the help with the rims and tires - tough on this old man's back, but just a light work out for you , ha!!

Finally just watched your video all the way through Gary. So much smoother than I am and I am definitely not hitting your lines either, I am definitely over driving the corners. Here's a video of my fastest lap, didn't expect that to be when someone was riding with me either so ignore all the yapping. I'll have a better mount next time that was a last minute thing that I rigged up.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9ozEyPUIb4[/youtube]

12coBoss said:
Finally just watched your video all the way through Gary. So much smoother than I am and I am definitely not hitting your lines either, I am definitely over driving the corners. Here's a video of my fastest lap, didn't expect that to be when someone was riding with me either so ignore all the yapping. I'll have a better mount next time that was a last minute thing that I rigged up.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9ozEyPUIb4[/youtube]
It was hard to see your lines with the position of the camera. You're doing good running 45s already. There couldn't have been more than a few cars running faster in the entire field. Overdriving corners is easy to do and I was guilty of that when I was starting. I might suggest you try shifting to 4th after Turn 11 and go back to 3rd as you get to 13 if you're comfortable with it. I couldn't tell, but are you getting two downshifts from 5>4 and 4>3 going into 1? I only saw one downshift but I assume you're getting into 5th gear on the front straight.

cloud9 said:
It was hard to see your lines with the position of the camera. You're doing good running 45s already. There couldn't have been more than a few cars running faster in the entire field. Overdriving corners is easy to do and I was guilty of that when I was starting. I might suggest you try shifting to 4th after Turn 11 and go back to 3rd as you get to 13 if you're comfortable with it. I couldn't tell, but are you getting two downshifts from 5>4 and 4>3 going into 1? I only saw one downshift but I assume you're getting into 5th gear on the front straight.

Yes, I am in 5th on the straight and down shiznit to 3 going into 1. I carry 3rd and shift to fourth halfway through corner four, downshift to 3rd before corner 5, then shift into fourth halfway through corner 6 then downshift to 3rd into corner 7, I then carry 3rd gear until I'm out of corner 15, I am at 7800 rpms going into corners 9 and 12, my limiter is a little higher then stock. Is that why you are shifting to 4th after turn 11 is that you would be on the limter?

Yea did have a little spin out after turn 10 on Sunday, nothing big just looped it and kept it on the track.

TMO Supporting Vendors