The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2nd Annual Midwest Stangs Track Day at Mid-America Motorplex, May 24th & 25th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12coBoss said:
Yes, I am in 5th on the straight and down shiznit to 3 going into 1. I carry 3rd and shift to fourth halfway through corner four, downshift to 3rd before corner 5, then shift into fourth halfway through corner 6 then downshift to 3rd into corner 7, I then carry 3rd gear until I'm out of corner 15, I am at 7800 rpms going into corners 9 and 12, my limiter is a little higher then stock. Is that why you are shifting to 4th after turn 11 is that you would be on the limter?

Yea did have a little spin out after turn 10 on Sunday, nothing big just looped it and kept it on the track.
Yea I'm running out of 4th gear heading into Turn 5 but don't shift, just hold it at 7500 before downshifting to 3rd. I also hit the rev limiter coming into 9 but don't shift to 4th just run it out before braking for 9. Yes I'd be well past the limiter if I stayed in 3rd after 11.

TMO Supporting Vendors