The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2nd Annual Midwest Stangs Track Day at Mid-America Motorplex, May 24th & 25th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I wanted to throw an invite out to everyone here that is close to the area. I think there may be an event going on at MPH this weekend too, so if you don't plan on attending that you are welcome here, or just do both. This is a 2 day event for only $120 which includes certification if you do not already have. One night will have drag racing for $25 on the drag strip with cash payouts and trophies. There will be trophies rewarded for the road course and we will finish up the weekend with a BBQ for everyone. Follow the link below to all the details.

1.To get started, please click on the following URL: http://www.midweststangs.com/trackday.html

2.Review all of the details

3.Click on the image at the bottom of the page to start the registration process - you will be taken to an online application that you will complete.

4.Once you have completed the application, please click on the Submit Pre-Registration button (DO NOT CLOSE YOUR BROWSER YET)

5.Once you submit the application, you will be redirected to the payment page. Please select the appropriate option and click on the Buy Now button to be taken to PayPal to complete the process. If you are not redirected automatically, you can manually visit http://www.midweststangs.com/trackdaypayment.html

6.Once your application and payment have been received, you will receive a confirmation email within 24-48 hours with further important information as well as confirmation that your spot has been reserved.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Appreciate the posting , and will see if I can let some of the guys around the area know. Any timing done on the road course, or is this just track time? How many groups do you normally have from Novice through Advanced?

Better date than last year's event, so should be able to get more folks out to play?!

this will be timed, as Sunday they are giving out trophies. Not really sure on the group sizes or experience. I am guessing 15-20 in a group and experience will probably be from rookies to experienced. Last year they grouped the experienced people together the best they could.

Going to be running NASA TT there at the end of April and hoping it's in decent shape. If it is, I may join you guys on the way home from MPH where we're running 5/22 and 5/23. Would have to bring lots of extra tires to get through four days though :)

I am going to be at MPH as well on May 22nd and 23rd and this is right on my way home so the timing works great. Have never driven MAM but would love to check it out.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Naw, you are just always so blue, so wanted to say yellow and cheer you up with a Sunny color! See you tonight at the Stang meeting , will be bringing the SBY Boss just to cheer you up.

Dang, I sound like a Jimmy Dean breakfast commercial !!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
PS - Just a note , there is an event at MPH, but it is the following week , so no conflict. If you need any information about that event feel free to drop me a PM.

This should be a great time , good to hang with a bunch of Mustang folks from around the Midwest, and no conflicts elsewhere and the price is super reasonable -- pretty hard not to get signed up to play with the Ponies!!!

Bill Pemberton said:
PS - Just a note , there is an event at MPH, but it is the following week , so not conflict. If you need any information about that event feel free to drop me a PM.
Bill, actually there is an event at MPH this week that I set up for John (LS110) to get some practice before the Roundup. There are also a bunch of us coming down from Sioux Falls. George was going to let us run Saturday morning too, but might head over to MAM Friday night and hit this event. There are still some spots open on Thursday 5/22 and Friday is open to all as a Speed Friday.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=6995.0

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
Bill, actually there is an event at MPH this week that I set up for John (LS110) to get some practice before the Roundup.

Jesus... now you are actively condoning cheatin-bastard tactics?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
So there are still open spots for the Private Track time Thursday and Friday at MPH? Folks could sign up for that and then run down to MAM for more track time if they wanted on Saturday and Sunday.

Who says you have to move to California to get in alot of track time. Signed up for the weekend and hope to see alot of you down at MAM , and if you want to hit one of my favorite tracks in the Midwest get ahold of Gary ( Cloud 9 ) and get in two courses in the same week!!!

cloud9 said:
Bill, actually there is an event at MPH this week that I set up for John (LS110) to get some practice before the Roundup. There are also a bunch of us coming down from Sioux Falls. George was going to let us run Saturday morning too, but might head over to MAM Friday night and hit this event. There are still some spots open on Thursday 5/22 and Friday is open to all as a Speed Friday.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=6995.0

Hope you guys to make it to this event too. Can't really beat the price of $120 for 2 days. I plan on running at the roundup too so looking forward to meeting you guys. I may look into joining you guys on Thursday if there are more spots open, I just haven't decided if I can do that yet.

12coBoss said:
Hope you guys to make it to this event too. Can't really beat the price of $120 for 2 days. I plan on running at the roundup too so looking forward to meeting you guys. I may look into joining you guys on Thursday if there are more spots open, I just haven't decided if I can do that yet.
Still spots open on Thursday so we'd love to have you join up. I'm leaning toward making this event on the weekend but want to see how MAM looks at the NASA TT event end of April before committing.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
Just a heads up on the MAM Mustang track weekend....

They are short about 17 drivers required to keep the weekend on the schedule...

THEY NEED THE DRIVERS PAID FOR BY APRIL 30th...

if you are even thinking about trying the track thing...
now is the time... it includes a school and track time for only $120...

the event is now open to all makes...

GB899 said:
Just a heads up on the MAM Mustang track weekend....

They are short about 17 drivers required to keep the weekend on the schedule...

THEY NEED THE DRIVERS PAID FOR BY APRIL 30th...

if you are even thinking about trying the track thing...
now is the time... it includes a school and track time for only $120...

the event is now open to all makes...

Thanks for posting this, I was just going to post this myself. Like GB899 said, great deal $120 for 2 days on the track.

12coBoss said:
Thanks for posting this, I was just going to post this myself. Like GB899 said, great deal $120 for 2 days on the track.
Just registered for NASA TT at MAM for next weekend. After that I will know if I'm going to make this one.

You might ask the track to pass out a flyer at the NASA event now that you're opening it up to all makes.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
cloud9 said:
Just registered for NASA TT at MAM for next weekend. After that I will know if I'm going to make this one.

You might ask the track to pass out a flyer at the NASA event now that you're opening it up to all makes.

good idea... I will pass it on to the organizers...

is the NASA event a 2 day event?

TMO Supporting Vendors