The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin, welcome to BMO. My son uses a photo of your car as the background on his iPod Touch. Looks like Gary has a few mods to go to catch up to you. ;D

You guys are great!
I am tired and need a break!
Ok Break over and the official dates for 2013 are......
3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20/21/22, 2013. Looks like we will need to open on Thursday the 19th next year to get all of you people with the "sickness" on Track early.....then perhaps all the Track Schools on Friday...then the Museum/Super Screen Theater/more FOOD.....Friday Night.......more soon!

Have posted the times from the official timing list on the MPH page and will likely have the Trophy Names up tonight.....
Remember for those of you that did not get a Bacardi BUS ride late Saturday evening the BUS and MUStang have something in common.....next year the rides will be in the Barcardi BUStang! Jeff Lacina and some people jumped on at the last minute with the Gaspar's, Rost's, Soderquist's and our Ford guests....good thing the Bus has new tires on the front......
All Good
George
I will be entering my Cobra in the Drags next year too!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
GeorgeAnderson said:
You guys are great!
I am tired and need a break!
Ok Break over and the official dates for 2013 are......
3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20/21/22, 2013. Looks like we will need to open on Thursday the 19th next year to get all of you people with the "sickness" on Track early.....then perhaps all the Track Schools on Friday...then the Museum/Super Screen Theater/more FOOD.....Friday Night.......more soon!

Have posted the times from the official timing list on the MPH page and will likely have the Trophy Names up tonight.....
Remember for those of you that did not get a Bacardi BUS ride late Saturday evening the BUS and MUStang have something in common.....next year the rides will be in the Barcardi BUStang! Jeff Lacina and some people jumped on at the last minute with the Gaspar's, Rost's, Soderquist's and our Ford guests....good thing the Bus has new tires on the front......
All Good
George
I will be entering my Cobra in the Drags next year too!

George: Appreciate any info you can provide on early arrivals for us out-of-towners as the event grows nearer. I'll probably try to arrive a day ahead of time to hopefully get the car unloaded and prepped and set up camp.

I've added more pictures this evening from Sean Cook and all of my Trophy Information.

http://www.racemph.com/2012-Mustang-Ford-Roundup-Results.htm

George

Three new Videos from the track. Two from Smitty's Electric Bucket Truck of front Straight and one from Terry Klatt's Garage Tour with George 2.0.
The three videos are show at the top of the page as of 10/1/12
George
http://www.racemph.com/2012-Mustang-Ford-Roundup-Results.htm

KRost said:
Here's my 2nd AutoX run. Looked pretty good until the 95 sec. mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By4KAFPpuRE
Clearly a bigger wing is in order ;D. Actually looked really good. Too bad the rear end let go.

cloud9 said:
2012YellowBoss said:
Great story, glad it all worked out for you. The guys at Ford really love their work and helping the owners out when they can, proven by story after story.

Hopefully someone took some in-car vids, would love to see them.
Dean#4A1 took some. Hopefully he'll post them up later when he gets some time.

Took a look at the videos and they were extremely boring. Not worth the trouble converting them to youtube. I guess I wasn't fast enough to catch many people. :-\ I should have had the camera going on Saturday too.

KRost said:
Dean's save was awfully fun to watch from my seat :eek:...he stayed on the gas and used up every bit of asphalt to bring that back around. The skid marks show how it could have gone. There aren't many of us that would pulled that one off! ;)

My wife has a sequence of 5 or 6 photos of Dean's save and I have the gopro version that'll be downloaded sooner than later.

Kevin

Hey Kevin, I totally forgot about getting you my email address so you could send me a few of those pictures. Send them to [email protected] .
Thanks!

cloud9 said:
Dean#4AI said:
Gary - Are the final times posted anywhere?
No, but I have Sunday's at my desk. I'll scan it and post it up. You're going to be doing some woodcarving buddy and we totally forgot about it during awards ceremony. I'm going back down 10/19-10/20 and would be happy to carve it for you or you can wait until next year. Your call. George is supposed to be contacting all the guys who were sub 1:40 to get them on the table.

Thanks, that would be great. Although I plan on attending next year, you never know what can happen between now and then. ;)

Carve away! ;D

KRost said:
Here is Dean's save. He kept his foot in it and did some quick work with the wheel ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU4wHBSeDuI

Oh boy....
A blue car coming up quick in the rear view mirror, blow the prior corner, hot tires, a little too much gas at apex and then yikes! All of that equals a quick point by on the next straight. ;D

KRost said:
Here is Dean's save. He kept his foot in it and did some quick work with the wheel ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU4wHBSeDuI
Great save and fared much better than many others in Turn 12. That turn and tire will had a lot of people's number Saturday. :eek:

Going back down in a couple weeks weather permitting to get some track time before hibernation.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel