The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaGT said:
Gonna be a MONSTER!
LOL I know! Might have to raise the BS flag on that one. We did talk about maybe having classes this year depending on car count. Oh well either way it will be great to get more variety of track capable Mustangs out there. I'm anxious to see how the 13 GT500 does on track. We had a great mix last year with '95 and 2000 Cobra Rs, an FR500S, several GTs and of course LOTS of Bosses along with several of the old school ones from the late 60s and early 70s.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I think we both know that it's going to depend on the driver, but the hardware is certainly capable. I talked to some of the SVT guys when they auctioned the demo car at Barrett Jackson out here this year, and the car is going to be very impressive.

ArizonaGT said:
I think we both know that it's going to depend on the driver, but the hardware is certainly capable. I talked to some of the SVT guys when they auctioned the demo car at Barrett Jackson out here this year, and the car is going to be very impressive.
No doubt, it does sound impressive and that's why I'm so anxious to see it on track. I expect them to do well. The one that will be there for sure will be driven well, that I can assure you. The other ones if they make it, will also be driven by very experienced drivers.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The confirmation is rock solid , there will be a very well driven 2013 LS Boss there and the chances of other special Bosses is extremely high -- will be even better if we get more folks registered early. Great tech session, good car show , superb bench racing with the assistance of cereal malt beverages at the Clubhouse -- how could you ask for more!!??

We had one gentleman drive from Arizona and he plans on coming back --that should tell you how much fun this event is and it is even bigger than last year.

www.racemph.com
Click down to 2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup
Good times guaranteed, and maybe even a ride on the Bacardi Bus!!

Bill Pemberton said:
The confirmation is rock solid , there will be a very well driven 2013 LS Boss there and the chances of other special Bosses is extremely high -- will be even better if we get more folks registered early. Great tech session, good car show , superb bench racing with the assistance of cereal malt beverages at the Clubhouse -- how could you ask for more!!??

We had one gentleman drive from Arizona and he plans on coming back --that should tell you how much fun this event is and it is even bigger than last year.

www.racemph.com
Click down to 2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup
Good times guaranteed, and maybe even a ride on the Bacardi Bus!!
Just saw a pic of the SBY 13 LS parked next to the Black 12 LS. Quite a pair! 8)

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
If we get the turnout we think we will have, the idea of Classes and tires ( DOT and slicks ) , would likely bring more folks out.

Both LS cars are from the first 50 of each year, so these cars are part of the Holy Grail to Boss owners.

Here are just a couple of the Bosses that will be on hand for this fun 3 day event. This event has something for everyone including a car show, autocross, drag racing and road racing. Three days of track time and much, much more for under $300!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cloud9 said:
Here are just a couple of the Bosses that will be on hand for this fun 3 day event. This event has something for everyone including a car show, autocross, drag racing and road racing. Three days of track time and much, much more for under $300!

Nice pair!

I still haven't registered but plan on doing it soon. I'm a little confused about running on Friday though. Do you only get to run if you registered before June 1st?

Also, although I loved last years event, I do have one suggestion. Last year we had the same groups on Saturday and Sunday for the Road Course stint. Could we look at Saturdays lap times and regroup on Sunday so people with similar lap times are running together? Although I love tracking, I really love it when I'm actually lapping with someone close to my own speed. There were some faster and some slower than myself last year in my group so I ended up running alone quite a bit.

Just a suggestion.

Dean#4AI said:
cloud9 said:

Nice pair!

I still haven't registered but plan on doing it soon. I'm a little confused about running on Friday though. Do you only get to run if you registered before June 1st?

Also, although I loved last years event, I do have one suggestion. Last year we had the same groups on Saturday and Sunday for the Road Course stint. Could we look at Saturdays lap times and regroup on Sunday so people with similar lap times are running together? Although I love tracking, I really love it when I'm actually lapping with someone close to my own speed. There were some faster and some slower than myself last year in my group so I ended up running alone quite a bit.

Just a suggestion.
Good question and great feedback. I'll pose them to George and get back to you soon!

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Dean#4AI said:

Ditto ;)

I think I have a 302S owner coming.... Dean is helping me persuade him ;)

JScheier said:

beerchug.gif

I'm going to work on another one at Road America too. ;D

JScheier said:
Dean#4AI said:

Ditto ;)

Ringer! ;D George told me he signed up already ;) There are some other sleepers planning to come along too. You guys already have me waving the white flag screaming uncle and crying for mommy.

Dean#4AI said:
JScheier said:

beerchug.gif

I'm going to work on another one at Road America too. ;D
OK that's it. I'm all about classing vehicles now :D

1) Boss 302Ss (+JScheier and Dean)
2) Boss 302LSs
3) Boss 302s
4) Mustang S197s and Cobra Rs
5) Foxbodies
6) Mustang IIs and Gary

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Tires should be in the mix............someone shows up with race slicks and the rest of the group is on DOT Comp. rubber, you can be talking 2-5 seconds on that alone.

cloud9 said:

2) Boss 302LSs
3) Boss 302s
5) Foxbodies
6) Mustang IIs and Gary

LOL. The only way I believe that is if you are riding your wife's scooter and then I would still put you up a few notches. ;D

Bill Pemberton said:
Tires should be in the mix............someone shows up with race slicks and the rest of the group is on DOT Comp. rubber, you can be talking 2-5 seconds on that alone.
Ahhhh here's one of them there sleepers I was talking about above ;)

Dean#4AI said:
cloud9 said:

2) Boss 302LSs
3) Boss 302s
5) Foxbodies
6) Mustang IIs and Gary

LOL. The only way I believe that is if you are riding your wife's scooter and then I would still put you up a few notches. ;D
I don’t care you who are; that, right there, is funny ;D

JScheier said:
cloud9 said:
Ahhhh here's one of them there sleepers I was talking about above ;)

Hey... I gave up 2-5 seconds last year because I was on street tires.... ya'll owe me ;)
Yes you did. I'd say closer to 5 ;) Something tells me based on your sig you more than made it up for it in a few places though :-X Now who owes who ???

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
Something tells me based on your sig you more than made it up for it in a few places though :-X Now who owes who ???

Wishful thinking.... still on OEM suspension (other than swaybars and plates). Not sure my toys will be here in time to install and dial them in... but I'm still working on it.

TMO Supporting Vendors