The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Some of us are smart enough to stop buying parts for more mods , cuz every time we do , Cloud gets 5 more. I wave the white flag ,he be da winner on major mods, I concede and will go with a JSchier Edition. I think the 9 in Cloud is just a reflection of how many more upgrades he has than the rest of us --- 9 times ,ha!!!

So all Hail the King, and I fully expect him to be romping on the 302s Stangs!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good idea , then he will have one more video of a track to share with the masses. Come on up, and I will buy you your first beer at the Clubhouse. Schier is up for the second, so we get a few more guys to pony up just think of the beer money you will save coming to Nebraska,ha?!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Maybe we should just suggest to George that we want our own table in the basement. We could start a secret organization down there -- the SOBs

Society of Bosses

We also have a 302S coming in from Texas as of yesterday.
Call from Doug D in Brazil (Via Iowa) today too.
.......looking Good!

Questions about Friday?
The event will unofficially take off at 1PM Friday for all of those who sent their entry by June 1st. Those early entrants will get two hours of Track time to get warmed up a bit.
Some of you are now getting organized for the event and I sure want to make it a great time for everyone. So MPH (Making People Happy) will now also allow other "Qualified" entrants some time on the Track Friday between 3 and 4PM for $25.
Our Friends from Woodhouse Ford (Thanks Bill P) are sponsoring Friday at the Track and Friday evening at the IMAX SuperScreen & Museum. Great food and a cash bar right inside the Museum. Todd Soderquist, from Ford Motor Company, will be back again with some great stuff about the history of the LS and more breaking news I'm sure. (Including his 2013 #22 Boss 302LS). This will be a great place to show your cars and talk with other owners and drivers.

More on Tires and keeping people in groups with like times to follow. We're not perfect but will give it a shot to make things more fair. Racers just love a fair fight as long as they have the edge.

Thanks to Bill P and Gary G for all the help and support...more to follow on Saturday's sponsors and special activities.....
The AutoCross is a High Speed full 2.15 Miles long...and you can't get a cone...nope not even one! A real challenge!

George

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Those of you who have been to Hastings know that George is a huge part why events at this track take on a completely different flare than found elsewhere. Expect to have a crazy time with fun side events like the Bacardi Bus ride, and don't be surprised if the folks with condos at the track don't open up their garages for all to visit - great time and many are filled with great looking Fords!!!

The Clubhouse on site is a great meeting spot for classes, dinners, drinks and watching sports. Overall , this small track in a small town in Nebraska has folks leaving said events waiting anxiously for the next.

George is a character , but he is what track rats all hope for when they go anywhere to get some asphalt time, a manager/part owner who takes intense responsibility and pride in his position to make sure drivers not only have a great time, they have a superior experience. If you want that phenomenal experience this is an event not to miss!!!

George is the host with the most, and he understands that this is not just track time for enthusiasts, this is automotive entertainment -- you will be entertained to the max!!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Go to www.racemph.com and just scroll down till you get to the Mustang/Ford Roundup 2012. You will see that George is promising more trophies, Ford Engineers, partying and Ford Fellowship, more of everything!

Pretty sure Gary will be restricted this year to just a few trophies , as we have instituted some rules that will make it harder for him to trophy. They are as follows;

1. 10-20 seconds will be added to his times for over modification. Since his car has more mods than standard parts from the factory, we think this is only fair.
2. His hot wife is not allowed to go over in her short shorts and ask competitors what they are doing prior to them going out on track. This is an unfair disturbance and caused too many drivers to forget their main focus.
3. Gary will have to buy everyone he beats a beer. We figure this will not only cut down on those he wants to whip up on, it should also limit his mod budget for at least 3 weeks.
4. Gary will not be allowed to use the restroom the entire day -- we want as much weight in his car as possible.
5. He will have to run the drag racing portion in reverse.

This should open up the trophies to alot more individuals since every stinking picture of last year's presentations seemed to have him in them. There may also be some prizes or benefits for those coming a long way, those who bring super unique Fords to the Car show, and we are looking at other ideas.

When you sign up , mention that you want George to do the Bacardi Bus ---- it will enlighten you to the benefits of public transportation in Hastings, America!!! ;D

Bill Pemberton said:
Go to www.racemph.com and just scroll down till you get to the Mustang/Ford Roundup 2012. You will see that George is promising more trophies, Ford Engineers, partying and Ford Fellowship, more of everything!

Pretty sure Gary will be restricted this year to just a few trophies , as we have instituted some rules that will make it harder for him to trophy. They are as follows;

1. 10-20 seconds will be added to his times for over modification. Since his car has more mods than standard parts from the factory, we think this is only fair.
2. His hot wife is not allowed to go over in her short shorts and ask competitors what they are doing prior to them going out on track. This is an unfair disturbance and caused too many drivers to forget their main focus.
3. Gary will have to buy everyone he beats a beer. We figure this will not only cut down on those he wants to whip up on, it should also limit his mod budget for at least 3 weeks.
4. Gary will not be allowed to use the restroom the entire day -- we want as much weight in his car as possible.
5. He will have to run the drag racing portion in reverse.

This should open up the trophies to alot more individuals since every stinking picture of last year's presentations seemed to have him in them. There may also be some prizes or benefits for those coming a long way, those who bring super unique Fords to the Car show, and we are looking at other ideas.

When you sign up , mention that you want George to do the Bacardi Bus ---- it will enlighten you to the benefits of public transportation in Hastings, America!!! ;D

JScheier said:
I think I'm going to contract Bill to write and publish my smak from now on :p
Every dog has his day
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while
It's better to be lucky than good

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Gary,

Old Fart that I am , it was a source of joy to hear those ancient old cliches I grew hearing as a wee child,ha. Have fun up in Brainard and whip up on some Porsches for us all !!!!

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
If you haven't booked a hotel room yet, you might want to get on it. Didn't look like the 'better' places had too many rooms left. I just booked at the HI Express.

Here's a video crazy George just put up regarding the Mustang Roundup. These are the kind of extra fun things you can expect to see and do at the Roundup that you just won't see at other track events. Anyway more to come ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgbseteDLLA&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xgqHJ6Fcxs&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

smittytx said:
This must not be that big of a deal now, it wasn't even on the first page.
Actually we already have more registrations than last year and we're still 7 weeks out. It's an active thread on a couple other forums. Hope you can make it.

JScheier said:
smittytx said:
Hmmm… guess my sarcasm doesn’t carry over to print very well. Just trying to stir the pot. ;D

I find that the most effective way to stir the pot is to show up ;)
We're considering a 2 second penalty on the Rocky Mountain cars due to all the extra oxygen on the Nebraska Plains.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Oh stop whining about your lack of O2 out there in Gods county! Excuses, excuses, excuses! ;D LOL

TMO Supporting Vendors