The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
And Gary comes through again. I have Saturday's times at home , but did not get Sunday's. George said he would have them posted as soon as he could, but he won't be as fast as Gary, ha,ha.

Bill Pemberton said:
And Gary comes through again. I have Saturday's times at home , but did not get Sunday's. George said he would have them posted as soon as he could, but he won't be as fast as Gary, ha,ha.
Actually Theresa came through! She was the only one organized enough to keep copies :p

Dean#4AI said:
cloud9 said:
Here you go Dean. This is Sunday:

Thanks Gary. Looks like my fastest lap was my last session. Seems like there was some orange car that I was running from. ;)
Trying to chase you that last session was the most fun I had all weekend! :D I'm just disappointed I couldn't catch you so you'd have some video of my car and Drew would get off my back :p

After "lurking" here for quite sometime, I finally decided to register and make my first forum post ever...on any forum!

The '11 Grabber Blue project is mine hot-rod. It's starting to come around after a year of ups and downs for the car. It's working pretty good, but I have a few winter project ideas in mind for it. I'll get a list of the mods together, it's going to take awhile to make the list....it really is a sickness.

I spent some time this weekend talking with Loran Keller from Open Track Connection, that friendship might melt my creditcard. Great guy and he was flying on Sunday...that was fun to watch.

That session on Saturday was the most fun I've had on-track in a long time.

Dean's save was awfully fun to watch from my seat :eek:...he stayed on the gas and used up every bit of asphalt to bring that back around. The skid marks show how it could have gone. There aren't many of us that would pulled that one off! ;)

My wife has a sequence of 5 or 6 photos of Dean's save and I have the gopro version that'll be downloaded sooner than later.

Most people know me as "Gary's buddy".....I'll start trying to be more active online. You guys are a pretty cool community and are definitely doing a great job spreading the word and helping make events like this possible. I can't wait for next year and see how big this Roundup gets. I think almost everyone who attended last year came back for #2.....It's going to bigger in '13!

Thanks again for all of those that attended and I hope to see more of you next year. George, Bill, Gary, Todd, Loran, John, our wives, and a whole bunch of others pitched in to make it a great weekend.

Thanks again for getting it together and letting me come out and hang out with all of you guys!

Kevin

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
KRost said:
After "lurking" here for quite sometime, I finally decided to register and make my first forum post ever...on any forum!

More pics/details on build of your car, it looks badass. (2011 GT yes?)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Kevin,

You can list all your mods at the bottom of your profile to intimidate your fellow competitors, just like Gary does. It will be more impressive than those guys that list ridiculous items like clear bra, Goodridge brake lines, and tranny scoops, just to try and emulate Mr. Gasper's extensive list with things that have no value, but fill up alot of space. Welcome ...............er...........gotta go, need to add tinted windows to my upgrade list!!!!

2011 GT w/Brembo pkg.

With help form some great people: Sam Strano, Cooltech, Tiger Racing, Late Model Restoration, and SafeRacer...I ended up with.....

Steeda Sport Springs
Koni Sports
MM Camber Plates
Strano Front and Rear bars
Adjustable front links
Fays 2
FR Relocation brackets and lower control arms
Steeda 3rd link
Cooltech rear shock tower brace
ARP wheel studs
Steeda lower ball joints
Whiteline lower control arm mounts
DBA 4000/5000 rotors
FR brake duct kit
Hawk DTC 60's Front and Rear
Goodridge Lines w/Super Blue
Enkei PF01's and a variety of smooth tires

MM 4 pt roll bar with custom harness bar and x-bracing
Rear seat delete kit
Sparco Seats w/Sparco mounts and Planted bases
Schroth 6 points
Sparco wheel w/quick release

FR 302S Radiator
Cooltech oil cooler
302S Grill
LS trans cooler scoop
Boss intake
Kooks catless headers and x-pipe w/Cooltech's recommended coating!
Corsa Extreme axlebacks
Steeda CAI and Tune
Solid motor mounts
Steel clutch line
Moroso catch can
Barton shifter

Tiger Hood
G-Stream Wing
LS splitter and facia
Battery relocated to trunk
Allstar rearend breather in trunk
LS gauge pod with Autometer Elite oil temp, water temp, and oil pressure gauges

That's most of it...you end up with a car that's not really steetable, but it sure is fun on the track! :)

KRost said:

Most people know me as "Gary's buddy".....I'll start trying to be more active online.
About time you showed up. I think they were starting to wonder if I just had an "imaginary" friend. ;D

ArizonaGT said:
That OTC Foxbody must be one heck of a race car.
Yes indeed. I can't remember all he's done to it, but I do know it has an SLA and an engine putting down mid 4ish at the wheels. The aero was also really impressive.

cloud9 said:
ArizonaGT said:
That OTC Foxbody must be one heck of a race car.
Yes indeed. I can't remember all he's done to it, but I do know it has an SLA and an engine putting down mid 4ish at the wheels. The aero was also really impressive.

It had an Agent 47 front SLA and Griggs World Challenge in the rear.
And of course he could drive pretty well too. ;D

drano38

Wayne
Dean, didn't realize you almost joined the tire/guard rail club!

Kevin, glad to see you've joined the forum world!

Anyone know of video editing software for a Mac that will downsize .mp4 files to a more manageable size? I had my phone set on high video resolution, and each lap is a 200MB file! Youtube says 3 hours to upload. :eek:

Here's a lap from Saturday. I chased down the Shelby in earlier laps, and reeled him in on this one. I parked by him in the paddock and he said he tracks several times a year.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvu8cloxkG8&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel