The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well we had SO much fun last weekend that we're already planning the 2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup! We have invited the Ford executives back again to make this even bigger and better next year! I've been working with George Anderson, President of Motorsports Park Hastings on the schedule, and we're expanding it to three days! We'll kick things off with a track school and open track time Friday afternoon for those that want to start early, or for those new to tracking their car. We'll have a welcome reception and car show Friday night to get things going, and the full slate of competition Saturday and Sunday including car show, autocross, drag racing and road racing. We're also going to expand things into 3 or 4 classes next year including vintage and AC Cobras.

Here is the schedule September 2-23, 2012!

21st 1PM Mustang Driving School until 4PM & Test/Tune
21st 6PM Super Screen Theater Reception - Mustang/Ford
22nd Mustang/Ford Auto Cross AM Trophies Sat Night
21/22nd 2nd Annual Ford Car Show - Trophies Sat Night
22nd 2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup 1PM-5PM
22nd Mustang/Ford BBQ in Clubhouse from 5PM-8PM
22nd Mustang/Ford Night Drag Racing 6PM-7PM & Trophies
23rd Who's The BOSS of the Mustang's - 9AM-2:30PM
Top Ford - Overall Winner & Wrangler awards 3PM

MPH is located in Hastings, NE and opened in 2006. The facility is one of the finest I've seen anywhere. Named by Forbes.com in 2009 as one of the 10 Best places to Speed Legally in America. http://www.forbes.com/2009/02/13/racing-cars-clubs-lifestyle-vehicles_0213_legal_speeding_slide_7.html They really know how to host an event and make it an experience you'll never forget. The track is a challenging 2.15 mile road course and the surface is impeccable. They do an outstanding job of maintaining the track and the entire facility which makes for a truly great experience. You can learn more at www.racemph.com

Here's a cool video of a hot lap in a Boss 302 Laguna Seca at MPH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDYDWkoatJQ

Link to 2011 Mustang Roundup: http://www.racemph.com/Ford-Mustang-Roundup-2011.htm

I am putting the scheduled dates into my phone and as soon as my vacation time allows me to put in, I will be there!!

Thanks for all your help with this event Gary.

Well it's -6F this morning and it sure doesn't feel like track weather, but it will be here before you know it. To get us thinking about warmer days I wanted to let you know that registration for the 2nd Annual Mustang and Ford Roundup is now OPEN! We had a great time last year and I know this year's going to be even better. There were several of you that couldn't make it because of schedules so I wanted to get this out as early as possible so you can save the dates. With all of the 2012 Bosses out now and half of the 2013s by this September, I expect the turnout to be even better than last year! There were several Mustang GTs, Cobras and an FR500S last year and this year I'm hearing of many more that are attending. I'll continue to update with more exciting details as the date gets closer, but here's an incentive to sign up early!

Sign Up before April Fools Day 2012 and get free Guardrail Club Track Time Friday September 21st, 1-3PM!!!!

http://www.racemph.com/Ford-Mustang-Roundup-2012.htm

ArizonaGT said:
How much track time are we talking about for the weekend (road course)?
Last year we ran three groups with a 20 minute session for each group every hour, so if it's the same this year I would see the following:

Friday - 2-3 sessions (depending on # of early registrants)
Saturday - 3 sessions
Sunday - 5-6 sessions (I quit after 5 on Sunday last year since I was TIRED!)

You'd also have the autocross on the track Saturday morning. Last year there were no limits on the runs and some people ran up to 10 times. Then there's the drags Saturday night just for kicks (and trophies and points)

drano38

Wayne
I'm going, but I've been killing the credit card lately with mods, so I'll sign up close to the April Fools deadline for the bonus day.

John, guess you took a break from snow shoveling today to register?
We have almost no snow up here which is amazing.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
24" of snow... But it hadn't started yet when I registered. Snow has stopped, and the car is still here. Guess I'll work on the hood pins this weekend!

roketman said:
Gary ,
Do you need instructors?
Possibly. I think we had enough last year with some of the guys that came and were instructors. JScheier could chime in as I think he may have helped out there. Dean may have as well. Come on out! You could check with Bill Dickie and ship your cars together and maybe get a better rate. Yours would go right past Indy on the way to Hastings!

Just got a news alert via text from George that there will be at least one SBY '13 Boss looking to take the crown this year. I'm thinking we can guess whose this might be......it's a very low number ;)

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
Just got a news alert via text from George that there will be at least one SBY '13 Boss looking to take the crown this year. I'm thinking we can guess whose this might be......it's a very low number ;)

My guess on the color was correct! I'm sure it will be on fresh Hoo-Hoos as well :(

JScheier said:
cloud9 said:

My guess on the color was correct! I'm sure it will be on fresh Hoo-Hoos as well :(
Yep you did nail it 8) Haha and yea I bet you're right OR will it be a fresh set of Conti slicks ??? Not to mention, I suggested to George that it would a little unfair if Ford Racing got their hands on it after it came off the line too. :-X George just said he makes the rules ;D

ArizonaGT said:
2014 for me, that is when the stars align....keep this gathering going until then! :)
Oh we'll keep it going and growing. I'm really excited about the possibility of getting a lot of the '13 guys out this year. Last year we were only about halfway through the '12 build so let's say there were 2000 Boss cars produced max. As of September this year there should be around 6000 current Bosses plus a whole lot more modded GTs with Track Pack that will come to the party. We also have additional sponsors ($$) so the event should be even more fun this year. For one they've added track time on Friday afternoon so we'll get three days on track.

TMO Supporting Vendors