The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2nd day with new 2012 Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikebxb

2012 BOSS 302 0782 no mods yet
Texas
1st love this boy racer it burbles, it roars , it sh*ts and gits.
I'm 17 again
2nd this car is in no way related, beyond cosmetics, to the dog of a production car (not the Parnelli Jones track car) Ford issued to us back in '69 as a boss
- seating position. I like my seat flat as in my thighs horizontal. no matter what I can't adjust out the "uphill" leg feeling.
-gauge positions need improving. have to move head to left to see anything above 3500 on Tach
- No OIL PRESSURE gauge on a sports car is unforgivable
- 3:73 gear and shorter ratios make for a lot of shifting (good for me since i was bored with the paddle shift auto) the gearing also is so tight in traffic its extremely forgiving. start in 1,2,3 fine. start in 2 skip to 4. 1 to 3 hard for the wife to lug this motor.
- needs 1 more power outlet
- back seats fold down but not flat
- glad i didn't get the imho better looking Shelby. who in hades needs 550+++ horsepower to run errands in?
- i like sitting a little higher and gaining a 1/2 inch in ground clearance from my beloved fiberglass sled

- no oil pressure gauge ! this thing has less critical engine monitoring than a 63 Rambler station wagon

love my boss

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Welcome to the club. No the Boss is not perfect. But at its price point it rocks. Just order one or two of these and you will have all the information you need on the car and then some .
http://www.lethalperformance.com/shop-now/vehicle-selector/ford-boss-302-mustang/2012-2013-boss-mustang-302/gauges/aeroforce-interceptor-gauges/aeroforce-ford-cn-series-single-interceptor-scan-gauge.html
I also came from a fiberglass ride and I have not looked back.

There are 2 power outlets. There is the obvious one on the dash, and then there is another in the center console. I use the one on the dash for my GPS and I charge my phone in the center console.

BLAZN BOSS

mikebxb said:
1st love this boy racer it burbles, it roars , it sh*ts and gits.
I'm 17 again
2nd this car is in no way related, beyond cosmetics, to the dog of a production car (not the Parnelli Jones track car) Ford issued to us back in '69 as a boss
- seating position. I like my seat flat as in my thighs horizontal. no matter what I can't adjust out the "uphill" leg feeling.
-gauge positions need improving. have to move head to left to see anything above 3500 on Tach
- No OIL PRESSURE gauge on a sports car is unforgivable
- 3:73 gear and shorter ratios make for a lot of shifting (good for me since i was bored with the paddle shift auto) the gearing also is so tight in traffic its extremely forgiving. start in 1,2,3 fine. start in 2 skip to 4. 1 to 3 hard for the wife to lug this motor.
- needs 1 more power outlet
- back seats fold down but not flat
- glad i didn't get the imho better looking Shelby. who in hades needs 550+++ horsepower to run errands in?
- i like sitting a little higher and gaining a 1/2 inch in ground clearance from my beloved fiberglass sled

- no oil pressure gauge ! this thing has less critical engine monitoring than a 63 Rambler station wagon

love my boss

I cant tell if you like it or not................

TMO Supporting Vendors