The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2nd Track day shaved 4 seconds a lap off just changing to Nitto NT05's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I didn't want to rush into buying a set of track dedicated wheels and tires without doing my research and screwing it up, so I just swapped out the stock 255/40/19s PZero Neros with Nitto NT05's and man what a difference. Immediately ran 2 seconds faster on the second lap of the day than all of my times of the previous track day on the PZeros. Then once they warmed up a little, consistently ran 4 seconds a lap faster. I wanted to go all the way to NT01 but wasn't quite ready since I still drive it on the road a good bit, but so far very happy.
It was in the low 90's that day and I'd already been warned in my other thread about overheating issues, so I was concerned and constantly watched the gauges. I had it in Sport+ mode and it went into limp mode after a few laps pushing hard, but nothing seemed to be very high temperature wise. I switched it to track mode and let it ease down to long straight at Roebling Road Raceway and then proceeded to hammer it for several more laps, with no issues at all. The transmission temp with the 10 speed auto never got over around 200. But I can't seem to find a number for the coolant temp. Am I just blind/stupid or both? All I see is the cold to hot on the main dash and can't find it anywhere else. I can find cylinder head, vacuum, g-force, etc. but no coolant temp. What am I missing, I'd like to know the actual number if possible?
Anyway, car seemed to perform solid again, minus the one hiccup. Here's a video if you feel like checking it out. Thanks.

TMO Supporting Vendors