The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

3 Day event at VIR (full) with THSCC Sept 7-9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
My daily google alerts for Boss 302 gave me the link to this thread, all well and good until I run across post #35;

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738161

What I wouldn't give for this dude to see what some skilled drivers can do with our 'POS' Fords... I would think that mature adults just don't make blanket statements about such things, but I'm no longer surprised with stuff I read on the internet.

Is there a way to track down this guy's car and find out if he's really the badass he claims to be? Nothing wrong with good natured fun about amateur racing events, but I get a different vibe from this guy. Reading between the lines I wonder if he's never run up against a newer Boss with a capable driver behind the wheel, has already been spanked by one and is now butt hurt, or has fear about ever having his beloved M3 passed by a (holds nose) *FORD*?

Sounds like a great event coming up, I hope someone will have some video of the event.

He was there Saturday, apparently, with PCA. I was there Mon/tues. There are always a couple of idiots like that at the track. There was one in my group who drove a blue, go figure, E92 M3. I passed all the M3's in my group, a smattering of E36, E46, and E92's. He claims none can clock a lap time under 2:25. I was under 2:20. He's running alpine white, I'll keep an eye out next weekend.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Awesome. What # does he run on his M3? If you could get some vid of Boss 302's showing them tail lights, it would be worth joining the forum for 1 post, before getting banned (unless the mods don't like this guy either) and ask about what's on the vid? Claim his brother was driving? Heh.

Just came back from PCA Potomac 3 day event at VIR...had an absolute blast! Ran 2:18s and passed just about every Porsche except the GT3 Cups...they are just WAY too fast. I try to get some video posted tomorrow. Last time I was at VIR was 2005 and I forgot what a GREAT track it was. If you could not make the PCA event this weekend (or did and want more) the THSCC event coming up is the PERFECT opportunity. This track IS worth the drive or tow to get there.

ace72ace said:
Awesome. What # does he run on his M3? If you could get some vid of Boss 302's showing them tail lights, it would be worth joining the forum for 1 post, before getting banned (unless the mods don't like this guy either) and ask about what's on the vid? Claim his brother was driving? Heh.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zdyWkZlGQ_8

Here is the view from a decent E92 M3. My tail lights at 12:43 making the pass, love that V8 coyote sound.

further said:
ace72ace said:

Can't open the link after being directed to youtube. Says firefox doesn't recognize the protocol rtsp.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zdyWkZlGQ_8

Here is the view from a decent E92 M3. My tail lights at 12:43 making the pass, love that V8 coyote sound.

TMO Supporting Vendors