The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

3 Day event at VIR (full) with THSCC Sept 7-9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am fairly new to the board, but am loving my new BOSS. Lots of good information being posted both for street and track use.

Thought I would share another track day opportunity with the group. Tarheel Sports Car Club (NC area) is having their third event of the season at VIR full course for 3 days in september. I have instructed with them for almost 7 years now. Qualified cars and drivers can also compete in the time trials on Saturday and Sunday. Great event with a great club. I think they are also offering discounts for first time drivers/military/etc. Last event with this club at CMP had a well built LS track car, a hand full of CMC (NASA spec) mustangs, and a couple of Cobras. Would be great to see some more Ford equipment there.

The ALMS cars are racing at VIR the following weekend so I know the club is working to see if they can get any of the teams to come down for practice during the 7-9 weekend too.

A. Rice -

roketman said:
I might be game for that ! What do you say Pete and Chuck?
Can you tell me if they need instructors?
PCA Potomac at VIR full course 3 days the weekend before...Labor Day weekend. Open passing in black and red groups. More chances to irritate the P-Cars...

GA
That would be a great way to celebrate my Birthday. ;D My Mustang club's show is on 9/9 though so if I ditch it for VIR I might get black listed. ::)

ChuckP said:
roketman said:
PCA Potomac at VIR full course 3 days the weekend before...Labor Day weekend. Open passing in black and red groups. More chances to irritate the P-Cars...
You guys make us proud to be Boss owners. ;D

5 DOT 0 said:
ChuckP said:
roketman said:
You guys make us proud to be Boss owners. ;D
I've owned 4 Porsches and a BMW M3 (still own Porsche #4) and used to be a real Porsche snob. Anything else was CLEARLY inferior...especially on track. However, my Boss has been an absolute blast and I never get tired of annoying my Porsche buddies with it.

I might be able to make the Labor Day event at VIR if you guys are looking for more bodies ( and Boss's).. WG would have been fun.... work got in the way.

Bruce

I knew I forgot something...
The club website is www.timetrials.net . You can find the typical info there. Registration is done on a site called motorsportreg.com.
I am not sure about the need or not for instructors but I think we could have used a couple of more at CMP. Mark or Brad are the Tarheel Sports Car club contacts with that info. It is a great club to run with. Hope to see some of you there. Let me know if there are any questions I might be able to answer.

Nafod said:
I might be able to make the Labor Day event at VIR if you guys are looking for more bodies ( and Boss's).. WG would have been fun.... work got in the way.

Bruce
Always looking for more bodies. I'll be at the PCA Labor Day event. I'll post registration link later. The Tarheel event the following weekend should also be great. Whatever works for your schedule. Why not do both? ;D

[/quote]
Always looking for more bodies. I'll be at the PCA Labor Day event. I'll post registration link later. The Tarheel event the following weekend should also be great. Whatever works for your schedule. Why not do both? ;D
[/quote]

That work thing again... I'll have to plan my vacation time better next year. Only hope I can have my car upgraded as much as Hermes... ;D

Nafod - a good friend ofnmine runs a GT2 car with PCA. Orange I believe...absolutely agree both events would be great. Need to work on the tire budget between nos and then to see if I can run both as well. I am leading my class in the time trials with THSCC so need to make sure I get a start too.

A.Rice

Looks like there are about 10 mustangs registered as of now. Everything from your basic pony car to some cobras. Looks like some of the factory 5 cobras will be running as well.
I plan on taking the Boss up as well as the stock car.
Two day event runs $395 and three days is $495. If anyone has a competition ready car, there are time trials on both Saturday and Sunday. They may be offering some additional discounts to newbies to the club/track events.
http://thscc.com/timetrial/

Aaron

GA
This is such a great deal and I really want to go. I just don't think I can swing it right now. :( I don't think my tires and brakes will last another weekend and make it the 8 hours back and forth. Maybe some cash will come through last minute. It might have to wait until next year.

roketman said:
I'll be there with PCA Potomac Region on Labor Day weekend.

Just a little update. Friday is cancelled but Sat/Sun is still on. I'm in for the Sat/Sun HPDE.

Edit: This is for the 9/8-9 weekend.

further - thanks for posting the update!
Friday is out, but looks like the rest of the weekend is good to go.

As of now, I think there will be three BOSS' on track! I will bring mine up for some laps too, but will be running another car. Appears that there will be around 20 mustangs/mustang drivers (depending on shared cars) for the weekend. Looks like a good turnout. From the registration list - BOSS302, Cobra, Bullitt, GT, Roush, and Shelby GTH are all represented.

Aaron

TMO Supporting Vendors