The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

302 LS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbp said:
Others have claimed 20lbs @ 150 mph
I was joking...

The only function I can derive from them is they may keep debris and fluids off the car being thrown up by the front wheels.

5 DOT 0 said:
lbp said:
Others have claimed 20lbs @ 150 mph
I was joking...

The only function I can derive from them is they may keep debris and fluids off the car being thrown up by the front wheels.

Ha! I have some on my (Porsche) race car that work great.. (in conjunction with a very low front splitter)

Also with vented hood (similar to the Tiger) which further reduces pressure under the nose

lbp said:
Ha! I have some on my (Porsche) race car that work great.. (in conjunction with a very low front splitter)

Also with vented hood (similar to the Tiger) which further reduces pressure under the nose
Lowering the street Boss splitter 1" has a similar effect on downforce as using the LS splitter. I wouldn't be surprised if the side splitters do have some functionality but I haven't seen results of any wind tunnel tests. To me they make the car look lower so that's why I added them. It's a bit of a stealthy look and only discerning car nuts will ever notice them. ;)

5 DOT 0 said:
lbp said:

Lowering the street Boss splitter 1" has a similar effect on downforce as using the LS splitter. I wouldn't be surprised if the side splitters do have some functionality but I haven't seen results of any wind tunnel tests. To me they make the car look lower so that's why I added them. It's a bit of a stealthy look and only discerning car nuts will ever notice them. ;)

The referenced setup is about 1.5 in off the track surface & must be removed front and side to get the car into the trailer but the car is totally stable at any speed

I doubt I will try to replicate this setup on the LS but I do like getting rid of some space even if only for cosmetic reasons

TMO Supporting Vendors