The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

302r/302s steering wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have been thinking sbout this wheel
Since my car is not a street car ect i have been thinking of
Changing over yo this wheel
Rehagen offers the wheel with the adapters ect for me to mount it up

Anyone know if the cars going to act silly aftrr i do thise swap by removing or unplugging the current steering wheel mounted controls?

gremlinsteve said:
I have been thinking sbout this wheel
Since my car is not a street car ect i have been thinking of
Changing over yo this wheel
Rehagen offers the wheel with the adapters ect for me to mount it up

Anyone know if the cars going to act silly aftrr i do thise swap by removing or unplugging the current steering wheel mounted controls?

Last I knew when swapping out the steering wheel you would no longer be able to use the clock spring with the adapters that were available. The problem with no longer using the clock spring is that the steering wheel position sensor is in the clock spring. The sensor is used for advance-trac function. I can't imagine that being good for the advance-trac system. And yes, there would be warning lights and messages for the various systems, such as the air bag regardless if the fuse is removed.

ArizonaGT said:
All I know is that Rehagen now sells a kit that includes a 302S wheel, hub adapter, and quick release. It's around $700, though.

Living with the warning lights is fine. Just don't want those systems fused in without all the sensors hooked in, in my opinion.

Here's the URL for others.

http://www.rehagenracingproducts.com/BOSS-302S-Steering-Wheel-w-Quick-Release-2005-2014-Mustang-RR-3601-R.htm

TMO Supporting Vendors