The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

302R/S Oil Pan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captdistraction said:
I have the moroso pan. It's heavily baffled, with 3 sprung trap doors near the pickup. My total capacity is just at 12 quarts, and the pan has 3 ports tapped in it (gauges and a nice drain). I think its a great value. There's a lot of thought that went into its design, especially in how they have the drain back handled and that clever baffle setup. That being said its a very tight fit, it doesn't hang below the kmember but follows it closely. I think its a killer value
What MOROSO oil pan do you have?
The aluminium or the steel one?
What about fitting and oil leaks?
What gasket did you use?
Any part number for the gasket?
thx!

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I have the steel moroso and reused the stock gasket/windage tray. the pan rail had about 1/16-1/8" out of flat, but it still drew down tight and have had no leaks. I agree with capt'n, the pan is well engineered and a killer value. best price I found was on MMR's website.

I'm thinking about getting this pan. M6675M50BR

12 quart capacity.

So my question is how will this part fit (or not) on our bosses? Will it accept the stock oil cooler? Does it fit exactly the same? Or sit lower?

It has to be bigger because of the extra 3.5 quarts...

thanks.
It doesn’t sit lower, just wider. I had to trim a sliver of metal off my K member so there weren’t any rubbing issues. You’ll have to drill a hole in the pan for the temp sensor. In reality, it‘s a 14 quart system because of the oil cooler.

TMO Supporting Vendors