The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

302R's doing their thing at daytona

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2012YellowBoss said:
They also have the roof mounted antenna.

Yes, they try to keep the cars as close to stock as possibile, they are also restricted to 55mm.

Ah, now I remember that BS. I read that guys were destroying engines because of that. Why didn't they just limit the timing advance in the tune to handicap the car and make it fair for the older Mustangs/Slomaros? Maybe that just makes too much sense? I imagine the new 5.0 would be bulletproof if the timing was limited enough, but maybe having an engine that won't break is unfair, too? From 85mm to 55mm is HUGE, that's a 58% reduction in the airflow path area! How could anyone think that is a good idea? Sounds like the kind of "fix" a politician would come up with... rant over. I wonder if we will see the same thing happen to the 1LE if anyone decides to race one this summer... It should be pretty close in performance to the Boss, right?

Sorry, I don't mean to steer us away from the pics...you got some really good shots and thanks for sharing. I will keep checking back for more. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel