The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

302R's doing their thing at daytona

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Filtered my catalog for 302R pictures, and thought you guys would enjoy some shots:

302R-10.jpg

302R-25.jpg

302R-32.jpg

302R-36.jpg

302R-43.jpg

302R-49.jpg

302R-52.jpg

302R-56.jpg

302R-58.jpg

302R-75.jpg

302R-76.jpg

302R-78.jpg

302R-86.jpg

302R-84.jpg

302R-87.jpg

302R-17.jpg

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Thanks!

on the clicks: sbunlinker man, sbunlinker (google it, and profit)

Of course I could be less lazy and pick a hosting service with gallery function, but there aren't any free ones that would host my volume of files and maintain quality (I'm irked by the forums built in resizer, it saps up too much sharpness IMO, I'm just a bit picky with this stuff).

Near the end of your pics, there is an engine bay pic. I noticed there was no shock tower brace and wondered why the airbox and inlet were wrapped in gold. Do you know why? Great pics!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
steveespo said:
Gold foil is heat reflective tape, vendor in grassroots Motorsports advertises it. Just got my next winter mod!!!
Great pics Capt.
Steve

Yep! They sell it by the roll at Pegasus Racing :)

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
captdistraction said:
what about the 43 picking it up while countersteering? Its definitely off the ground, lol.

The pics are looking a bit dark on this display, hopefully they're not too dark on everyone else's. If you want a background size image of any of these, give me a resolution and number and I'll clean it up!

Chris - you take some excellent shots and the quality is totally pro. What equipment are you using if you don't mind me asking and are these shots raw or are they manually tweaked at all?

-Pete

captdistraction said:
what about the 43 picking it up while countersteering? Its definitely off the ground, lol.

Some great shots, very nice.

It's funny the little things you pick up when looking at pics vs. seeing them live. Everybody seems to have different fake gas caps, 2012 - 13 LS type and even some GT's. I did not catch the Capaldi car have some kind of antenna in the factory antenna hole, wonder what that is for?

The black Camaro was funny, as the day wore on the broken piece on the front keep getting higher and higher, looked like a Rolls Royce grille by the end of the race ???

TMO Supporting Vendors