The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

302s grill ?

reedo

WATCH IT GO
I'm thinking of getting the 302s grill and since my boss will see a fair amount of street driving, should I worry about ever getting caught in the rain? Is there any reason I shouldn't do this upgrade?
 
reedo said:
I'm thinking of getting the 302s grill and since my boss will see a fair amount of street driving, should I worry about ever getting caught in the rain? Is there any reason I shouldn't do this upgrade?
Not at all. I even have the Tiger hood and I have run it through the car wash dozens of times. The race cars do run in the rain ;).
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
i have it on mine and its my DD. they look great on the pw's :)
984111_593661727333069_1135200464_n.jpg
 
367
1
I fully agree with everyone here.
However, why not drill and dremel your existing grille to do the same thing? Even if one does not have the tools, buying them is still less expensive than purchasing a new 302S grille.

gxq6.jpg
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
boro92 said:
I fully agree with everyone here.
However, why not drill and dremel your existing grille to do the same thing? Even if one does not have the tools, buying them is still less expensive than purchasing a new 302S grille.
i didnt buy it for the foglights being more open I bought it cause its all black
 
367
1
Justin said:
i didnt buy it for the foglights being more open I bought it cause its all black

Ohhh yeah I hear you on that :)
Some days I wonder how the car would look with an all black grille.
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
boro92 said:
Ohhh yeah I hear you on that :)
Some days I wonder how the car would look with an all black grille.
it will look better lol.

i have seen a customer pic of a CO 12 on one of the mustang sites cant remember now though. it looked pretty good.
 
In the interest of full disclosure, it is worth mentioning that unrestricted airflow through the foglight opening did not meet Ford's snow ingestion requirements...
 
367
1
06mach1 said:
How's this?

z2d5.jpg

Oh DAYUM! I must get me some plasti-dip and get painting :D

Re: Snow ingestion--absolutely true. But I would cock my head sideways and look at someone funny if they were driving their Boss in the snow :)
 

So Boss

Boss at Vancouver (now Finland)
70
1
I've been driving in the snow storm when it hit us at Sierra Nevada Mountains- and the mask was fully covered by snow. So Ford has a good point.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top