The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

302s intermittent oil psi switch question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi Guys
Was able to get a few hours run time on the new hotrod and it was amazing to say the least. One issue was the low oil psi light on the AIM dash would come on from time to time. It didnt seem to matter what rpm I was at. Over time it kept getting worse. So down to Ford and ordered a switch 8.00 dollars Great i thought. Wrong switch ugh Im thinking I now need a AIM switch since its tied to my AIM dash. Any help or advice would be great Thanks all Rowdy

Most likely the AIM oil pressure sender is bad, or the wires are loose on the sender. The low oil pressure light on the aim probably comes on at lower than 20 psi when the engine is running.

I installed the new Aim switch and all is well again. At least from what I can see driving around the shop thanks guys

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel