The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

302S vs. 302R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smittytx said:
If you have the money and are able to get one of the (only) 50 made. If I could find one I would buy it> ;)
I was told they'll make as many as they get orders for. If you want one order it through your local Ford dealer.

5 DOT 0 said:
smittytx said:
If you have the money and are able to get one of the (only) 50 made. If I could find one I would buy it> ;)
I was told they'll make as many as they get orders for. If you want one order it through your local Ford dealer.

Really!? :eek:

Oh #&@# !!!

Now I'm in trouble, calling my local Ford dealer tomorrow

I prefer the stealth look without the stripes.

When you're driving a Boss, the engine/suspension/brakes are fantastic, and you can't see the stripes anyway. That's kind of zen . . .

Just took the black saran wrap off the hood yesterday, and the car looks even better. I recommend a hair dryer to speed that up. The side stripes are done in a couple of minutes. Can't see them lasting very long anyway. They really cut corners on this considering the cost of the car. Of course, painting them on would take forever.

The other el cheapo mistake is the speedometer and tach. The speedo is hard to read when you're moving fast and need a quick check of just how fast you're moving.

By the way, I have been impressed by the number of people who say, it's your car, do what you want with it. Nice. Of course, I would anyway. Maybe a couple of Shelby stripes would be good - just to shake up the status quo some more.

I think you're going to see people repainting the roof too - I think that's been done already with a yellow car, and it looks great.

Smitty, what size tires are you running. Just wondering if anyone is going 305-315 on the rears???

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel