The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

303 Aerospace Protectant - Anybody using it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302 said:
Got a recommendation from a friend who uses it...and picked up a spray bottle from an Ace Hardware store.
Is anybody here using it for exterior plastic or rubber trim?

I've used Boeshield (where our Boss comes from) with good results...

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Boss_302 said:
I used to use that when I had my boat, good stuff.
Any reason you wouldn't use it on your boss? Looks like it is used more for marine purposes...but it seems to be reasonably long lasting on OEM black plastic.

VTBoss302 said:
I've used Boeshield (where our Boss comes from) with good results...
You mean where *the* Boss came from? as in used to work?

Grant 302 said:
Any reason you wouldn't use it on your boss? Looks like it is used more for marine purposes...but it seems to be reasonably long lasting on OEM black plastic.

You mean where *the* Boss came from? as in used to work?

Sure sounds like it's worth a shot (pure bench racing here)...

Yes, in referring to Boeshield (developed by Boeing) I couldn't help tying in a little background info about Project 747 and the new Boss of FOMOCO

Sorry, but I've got Boss fever!!! 8)

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I hear its decent stuff.

I put 22ple VR1 on all my exterior trim and its been months now and it's still looking like I just applied it.
http://www.detailedimage.com/22ple-M57/VR1-Plastic-and-Trim-Restorer-P682/20-ml-S1/

For the interior I use Adams interior detail spray.
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-928-new-adams-total-interior-detailer-kit.aspx

drano38

Wayne
I use 303 on interior, and exterior plastics and tires.
Haven't used anything else, so can't compare.
Autogeek had good reviews, and I like how its got a high UV rating (other brands may too).

Grant 302

Thanks for the feedback and ideas guys. I just used it on the GT...and wanted to check with others before using it on the Boss too. I've also used the McGuire's Vinyl and Rubber...no complaints, but it doesn't seem to last very long. The 303 doesn't have any smell to it, and I like that better.

I've considered getting the 22ple VR1 for my Boss stickers...and the dealer installed swirl ::) but I'm a little concerned about coatings that need to stay clean during application...there's a LOT of dust out here in Cali. I usually see some land on the car even on still/low wind days.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Grant 302 said:
Thanks for the feedback and ideas guys. I just used it on the GT...and wanted to check with others before using it on the Boss too. I've also used the McGuire's Vinyl and Rubber...no complaints, but it doesn't seem to last very long. The 303 doesn't have any smell to it, and I like that better.

I've considered getting the 22ple VR1 for my Boss stickers...and the dealer installed swirl ::) but I'm a little concerned about coatings that need to stay clean during application...there's a LOT of dust out here in Cali. I usually see some land on the car even on still/low wind days.
yes you will to keep it indoors over night when applying the 22ple

For your boss decals use meguiars 205 and a light cut pad and they will look brand new when you are done. I have a how to thread up some where.

I'm currently using it on my Boss. Key with this product is to not use to it to often; it contains petroleum based protectants, applying to often can lead to some nasty buildup. The product is quality.

Justin said:
yes you will to keep it indoors over night when applying the 22ple

For your boss decals use meguiars 205 and a light cut pad and they will look brand new when you are done. I have a how to thread up some where.

Had Opti-Coat applied over mine. :eek:

Grant 302

askjeffro said:
I'm currently using it on my Boss. Key with this product is to not use to it to often; it contains petroleum based protectants, applying to often can lead to some nasty buildup. The product is quality.

Awesome. Thanks for that...exactly what I want to hear...I'm not one to apply stuff *every* time I wash or rinse-off.

TMO Supporting Vendors