The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

305's on 18x10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Yes before I went strictly to Hoosiers I ran 305 NT01's on 18x10 all the time with no spacer and had no issues. If Hoosier made R7s in a 305 I'd them now.

A big factor in running 305's up front with 18x10 w/o spacers is the wheel offset.
I believe +42 to +43 may not require a spacer up front. Someone who has ran them should confirm shortly.

Like others have said, depending on wheel offset you can run a 305 with no spacer. But, a spacer also widens the front track which is a good thing.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
I have drifts so i should be ok. I'm looking to switch out from slicks to tire i can drive on to the track. Rather than keep borrowing a trailer or loading up the car with everything.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA
Sorry to bring up an old post again, but did you guys feel it was worth running 305s on 18x10s? I have 18x10s +42 and I can't decide between NT01s in 275 or 305. The 305s are heavier, a little more expensive, and won't use the whole contact patch with a 10" wide wheel, but I would think would at least give some improvement in contact patch over the 275s.

Give the 305’s a try and report back.

Yeah Grass Roots did a tire test a while back with the same brand tire on the same size wheel, one size being slightly stretched and the other size being slightly to big...maybe it as a 215 vs 235 i cant recall now. All testers posted faster times with the 215 noting quicker and more precise handling and quicker recovery when exceeding grip thresholds and alas...less sidewall wear. Also lower tire weight of the slimmer tire means you are that much fast down the straights due to lower weight and better suspension performance with less unsprung weight.

There really is a "right" size tire and if you exceed it you are most likely slowing yourself down everywhere with the exception of straight line braking. Spend your money wisely

We have so many wheel and tire combinations that I can't keep up with them, sometimes there are stacks of spacers on the hub, sometimes none, AJ is always messing with stuff like that. Thank God I just turn the wheels over to the car chief and it's his problem from there. We used to run the big nascar style studs and nuts and you could throw spacers at it all day long, unfortunately the Cortex diffs won't accept those studs and with the exception of the CCWs the wheels won't either. To me it's a big PITA, but we're definately not shy about using them.
CcUu8DPl.jpg

Yeah i decided i wanted on a 285 on my 10's but this was a strategic decision as my car is a DD and i wanted the slight improvement in ride comfort and straight line braking/grip over absolute lap times. I certainly wouldnt have considered any larger.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel