The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

3143 Boss miles in 2 weeks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I'm back from my epic road trip in the Boss! The trip was 2487 miles taking is to Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Southern California and back to San Jose. AWESOME. After that I put on another 580 miles in one day to go pick up my dog in Reno.

Back at work now but.... I just want to keep going!!!!!!!!

The car got thumbs up and cheerful comments from people everywhere we stopped. And I have seen the grand total of ZERO other Bosses along the entire route. It sure is a true 'exotic'!

I also think this trip really fully broke it in because my shifter is now smoother than ever and I seem to be getting better gas mileage as well. Overall an excellent experience!

If I had the money to do nothing for several months I'd tour the entire US with it.

Some pics of the Boss on tour:

7430342620_1683823d8d_c.jpg

7417747320_15cdb7b06d_c.jpg

7412105816_664f84c0a7_c.jpg

7412161334_f2950965fd_c.jpg

7412309144_b314aba4bc_c.jpg

very cool, cant wait to take a longer trip too,
I like the white against AZ background, looks very F150 though :)

TheMarco said:
So I'm back from my epic road trip in the Boss! The trip was 2487 miles taking is to Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Southern California and back to San Jose. AWESOME. After that I put on another 580 miles in one day to go pick up my dog in Reno.

Back at work now but.... I just want to keep going!!!!!!!!

The car got thumbs up and cheerful comments from people everywhere we stopped. And I have seen the grand total of ZERO other Bosses along the entire route. It sure is a true 'exotic'!

I also think this trip really fully broke it in because my shifter is now smoother than ever and I seem to be getting better gas mileage as well. Overall an excellent experience!

If I had the money to do nothing for several months I'd tour the entire US with it.

Some pics of the Boss on tour:

Outstanding! Great pix too...I know exactly how you feel as I just a couple of weeks ago completed a 3148 mile (5066km) adventure through 8 countries in Europe with my 2008 GT500KR...My wife and I were just talking about exploring the southwest USA as there is so much to see, right here in our backyard.

Sounds like you had an awesome trip, and doing it in a badass car and not an SUV is what makes it so special.

TMO Supporting Vendors