The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

345/35/19 on stock wheel....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I saw a post a while back about someone running a 345/35 tire on the rear with only the proper back spacing and width wheel. Can't find the post. (Don't think it was here. Think it was a GT.)
Got this wild hair up my butt about trying this with the stock wheel. Send it out to get widened to 11"-12". What ever it maybe and get the backspacing right. Anyone have any insight on this as I'll get one shot at it? ::)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
345s are probably not going to be realistic if you intend to stay within the stock sheetmetal. I know the guys at Vorshlag ran 335 or 345 rear tire on their old race car, but that car had heavily modified rear fenders for clearance.

A 315 will fit on an 11" wide wheel great and fit the car perfectly with the right offset. I think +47 for an 11" wide wheel but not certain on that.

Thanks for the input. I was originally thinking 315s until I saw that post of someone who supposedly fit 345s with very minimal effort. Sounded fishy to me but decided to investigate and ask the pros hehe

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel