The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

350 Wiring Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
I'm at the point were I need to wire up the dash and get the systems working again. I think I have all of the grounds attached and necessary modules attached. All i'm getting is the head lights go on temporarily. Nothing else works. What module activates the push start button? I can't seem to get the car to turn on at all. Any help is much appreciated.

IMG_5907.JPG

I don’t know the answer to this but I understand that the modules need to be paired to each-other. Is all the wiring and modules (pcm, BCM, abs, etc) from the 350? Is anything with a chip in it still from the Ecoboost donor car?

Also I think you should probably get Forscan for diagnostic purposes (you can check all the codes on the canbus network to figure out why only headlights) but also potentially use it for reprogramming some of the modules or as-built data. I’m coyote swapping my Ecoboost and while I’m a bit behind you still it seems Forscan will be nearly a necessity for diagnosing and completing the swap.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
I don’t know the answer to this but I understand that the modules need to be paired to each-other. Is all the wiring and modules (pcm, BCM, abs, etc) from the 350? Is anything with a chip in it still from the Ecoboost donor car?

Also I think you should probably get Forscan for diagnostic purposes (you can check all the codes on the canbus network to figure out why only headlights) but also potentially use it for reprogramming some of the modules or as-built data. I’m coyote swapping my Ecoboost and while I’m a bit behind you still it seems Forscan will be nearly a necessity for diagnosing and completing the swap.
Thanks that is what I needed to know. I replaced everything from the 350. I'll get the scanner and see what is going on. I know on Jeep you need to program the fuse box to the after replacement. Also BMWs are really CANBUS sensistive.

I found a ground that I did not connect and that resolved the light issues but it still doesn't turn on. Thanks for the help.

Sounds good, please keep us updated. These cars are very Canbus heavy too. The start stop button is on one of the canbus networks for example.

There are a few guys on here that know Forscan fairly well it seems, hopefully they will chime in.

Do you have the keys from the 350 as well?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
Sounds good, please keep us updated. These cars are very Canbus heavy too. The start stop button is on one of the canbus networks for example.

There are a few guys on here that know Forscan fairly well it seems, hopefully they will chime in.

Do you have the keys from the 350 as well?
Yes, I have the key. I'm getting closer now at least I get the message on the dash screen NO KEY DETECTED. Now I need to find the security receiver and reinstall it. It is in one of the many boxes of parts from two cars!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
Found the Receiver and plugged it in and the car turns on. Now I just need to work thru all of the door and lid sensors. I have abandon the MR so I will need to program it out.

I'm getting

P06E9 DTC No Start​

Code on my Snap On Modis.

On Jeeps we have to program a new fuse box to talk to the Jeep. Since I replaced the engine bay harness and fuse box. On the S550 is that required as well?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
I found this on another site. Hope this is helpful.

Check the pdf in this linked thread; any time there is major engine work or trans work performed on the S550 5.0, the Dealer Service Tech (or DIYer) is supposed to do a crank relearn procedure.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...s-weird-hesitation.125119/page-2#post-2679084

Also check this link if you have an gauge for crank relearn:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/new-clutch-dtc-and-shudders.148583/#post-3035678
I was just reading that thread on M6. Thanks!

TMO Supporting Vendors