The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 350R Street/track build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
San Antonio
This is the Build Thread for 350R Street/track build. Reply below.
Hey everyone, been lurking for years, finally have the time to finish this build I started over 3 years ago. I bought the car in Sept 2017, did one track day with it and it has been sitting in my garage for 4 years, I decided to go full tilt street/track build about 3 years ago. I'm hoping to have the car done in 3 months.
I'm currently in San Antonio, the car is being built at Esses Racing in Austin/Buda area. Hope to have have the car running by early next year at COTA.

The car will be heading to 210 Performance this week for dyno tuning, fully built motor by MPR, FED headwork, PAC springs, ID 1050 injectors, L&M cams, JLT CAI, Kooks headers, Borla ATAK, hoping to hit 600whp on e85. I'll post the dyno graphs next week, with some videos.

Suspension includes: MCS 2 ways, full SPL catalog , STEEDA road race K member, planning to add 18inch forgelines, slicks , and AP racing Radi CAL brakes front and rear.

This is quite an extensive build, I'll post the full mod list when i get a chance.

The goal is to run a 2:20 at COTA with plates, A/C, full interior, and custom sound system!!! This might be tougher than I expect.

There is a small chance I may enter Global Time Attack at COTA, but this car has been sitting for more than 5 years, so I definitely just need get the car back on the road course and some Hill Country roads before I chase lap times.

Once the car is back at Esses, will finish up the aero, corner balance, alignment, plan to do a shakedown at Harris Hill Raceway. After the car is dailed in, will then head to COTA with EDGE Addicts late this year, or Spring 2025.

Will do my best to keep everyone updated.

Thanks,

Bala

Last edited:
TX
Hey everyone, been lurking for years, finally have the time to finish this build I started over 3 years ago. I bought the car in Sept 2017, did one track day with it and it has been sitting in my garage for 4 years, I decided to go full tilt street/track build about 3 years ago. I'm hoping to have the car done in 3 months.
I'm currently in San Antonio, the car is being built at Esses Racing in Austin/Buda area. Hope to have have the car running by early next year at COTA.

The car will be heading to 210 Performance this week for dyno tuning, fully built motor by MPR, FED headwork, PAC springs, ID 1050 injectors, L&M cams, JLT CAI, Kooks headers, Borla ATAK, hoping to hit 600whp on e85. I'll post the dyno graphs next week, with some videos.

Suspension includes: MCS 2 ways, full SPL catalog , STEEDA road race K member, planning to add 18inch forgelines, slicks , and AP racing Radi CAL brakes front and rear.

This is quite an extensive build, I'll post the full mod list when i get a chance.

The goal is to run a 2:20 at COTA with plates, A/C, full interior, and custom sound system!!! This might be tougher than I expect.

There is a small chance I may enter Global Time Attack at COTA, but this car has been sitting for more than 5 years, so I definitely just need get the car back on the road course and some Hill Country roads before I chase lap times.

Once the car is back at Esses, will finish up the aero, corner balance, alignment, plan to do a shakedown at Harris Hill Raceway. After the car is dailed in, will then head to COTA with EDGE Addicts late this year, or Spring 2025.

Will do my best to keep everyone updated.

Thanks,

Bala
Nice! Tim built my motor too. Did you stick with the FPC? Will be curious about your power levels. I’m at 580 whp with a similar build (but custom intake with stock manifold) and a dry sump and electric water pump.

have you driven COTA much before? 2:20 is lofty. Should be doable tho. I ran a 2:21 flat with my car is Jan 2022 on racing slicks with the stock suspension and brakes.

TMO Supporting Vendors