The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20-22, 2013 Motorsports Park Hastings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For the guys who have been, how much did this cost? I am a beginner and not really interested in the autocross or anything too competitive. I'm just looking for a good time with other Boss/Mustang owners.

Team Shelby, SMC Events will absolutely be back with Ponies on the Plains next year. Already on the calendar!

Expect next years event to be even bigger and better (Is that even possible??? ;))

You guys really going to drive 20+ hours?,,,, beat on your car and drive another 20+ home? I think I might have to join you ....21hrs

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
gsw166 said:
You guys really going to drive 20+ hours?,,,, beat on your car and drive another 20+ home? I think I might have to join you ....21hrs

Yeah, but I think I'm gonna stop somewhere in New Mexico for the night, make it a two-day drive.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Absolutely one of the best times you will have . Though listed as the Mustang/Ford Roundup, it is amazing how many Bosses show up? Keep in mind, for the new guys , there will be track instructors , so great pricing for a ton of track time along with help driving your Boss closer to the limit.

The Boss is a serious track animal and with just a few mods will annihilate many supposedly faster machines.

2013 is going to be a very "slow" year for me... But maybe THIS is the ONE event that I should put on my "FUN" Calendar with the BOSS... Hmmmmmm???

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hell Yes, Kansas, I have the same personalized plate you do in Nebraska, and would be happy to show you around the track!

Bill Pemberton
#12 Comp Orange Boss
Full Throttle Driving Instructor at MPH
[email protected]

Wichita East Graduate
Fort Hays State University Graduate

vista6019 said:
I am in, as I am in Kansas City, but the link that is posted seems to be the 2012 event. Where is the link to the 2013 event?
Here is the link for 2013 but it doesn't have much on it yet. Just the dates. The best thing to do is call or email.
http://www.racemph.com/Ford-Mustang-Roundup-2013.htm
I will be going through KC on my way there. Maybe I'll see you on the road.

LindsayEOD said:
Here is the link for 2013 but it doesn't have much on it yet. Just the dates. The best thing to do is call or email.
http://www.racemph.com/Ford-Mustang-Roundup-2013.htm
I will be going through KC on my way there. Maybe I'll see you on the road.
Thanks for the link...it would be good to hook up if you pass through KC.
Thanks,
Ric

vista6019 said:
Thanks for the link...it would be good to hook up if you pass through KC.
Thanks,
Ric
I will definitely be going through. I just haven't determined if I'm going a day early or not yet. I'm out a KC a couple of times a year since I'm in St Louis. I have to get some Oklahoma Joe's :)

LindsayEOD said:
I will definitely be going through. I just haven't determined if I'm going a day early or not yet. I'm out a KC a couple of times a year since I'm in St Louis. I have to get some Oklahoma Joe's :)

Contact me when you figure out your schedule, and Oklahoma Joe's would be good

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Gary and I chat with George often and a bunch of folks are already signing up and have talked to Mr. Anderson --- he makes this event even more fun than it should be with his enthusiasm and extra efforts for Ford Fanatics.

We have some confirmation on the first Ford attendees. Todd Soderquist will be polling more people at Ford and expects to make more announcements at a later date.

Those of you that were able to make it the last two years know Todd was the Mustang Planner and a key player at Ford in bringing back the Boss. He is currently the CD4 Platform Program Manager at Ford and owner of #LS022 for both the 2012 Black/Red Laguna Seca and 2013 SBY Laguna Seca. He and his father Doug will be piloting both cars in competition at the Roundup.

Chuck Drake was Boss 302 vehicle engineering team leader and an expert on Boss 302 development, details, and decisions. Chuck and his father have a pair of 2012 and 2013 Boss 302s plus a collection of classic Mustangs and a continuation Cobra. Chuck’s father will be joining him for the weekend and planning to bring their Boss 302s.

Note: Two father and Ford employee son Boss teams!

The schedule is going to look something like this:

Friday 9/20 is School for new drivers 9AM-3PM, then a little track time for others until 5PM, then to Museum reception.

Saturday 9/21 AM Track Time, PM Autocross, evening BBQ & Drags. Car show during the day and trophies Sat night.

Sunday 9/22 Who's The BOSS of the Mustang's - 9AM-2:30PM and awards at 3:00 PM

Go to http://www.racemph.com for the complete schedule and online registration. Registration for this event will be up soon!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel