The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20-22, 2013 Motorsports Park Hastings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanger58

Owner / Lead Instructor / Driver Coach
We had a GREAT turnout of Boss 302 Mustangs at this event in 2012... I don't know why 2013 can't be even bigger and better.

I am also working on some more "special guests" and national media coverage for the event....

See you at Hastings!

Jeff Lacina
Owner / Lead Instructor
Track Guys Performance Driving Events
2012 One Lap of America SSGT2 Big Bore Class Champion

Some more exciting news to share! There will be yet another member of the Ford management team joining us this year.

Mike Berardi – Director of Ford Customer Service Operations (Motorcraft) is planning to attend. Mike has somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 Mustangs in his collection ranging from 1965 to present. We might have to help him decide which car goes to Nebraska this year. Leading candidates: 95MY Cobra R, 00MY Cobra R or 12MY Boss Laguna Seca

Start making your travel plans. This year's event looks to be even bigger and better than last year 8)

Just got this update from George that he asked me to post:

You may register on-line now!

http://racemph.mycustomevent.com/ShoppingCart.aspx?cid=256&srch=t

It's so easy a Caveman can do it!

Hit LOGIN then
Click on Register for an Account
Participant information on you...Fill in the details! ....hit Next
Forms fill in the person to contact when you are here if we need family! Hit Next
Forms fill in your driving information on the car and your experience etc. Hit Next
Coupons (only code for current Guardrail Club Members) Hit Next
Discount you will get $20 off until 7/1/13 Hit Next
Summary will let you know about RV locations Hit next
Payment Load the Credit card info Hit Next
Check out and MPH grabs your cash!

Guests with drivers can pay for additional Saturday Night BBQ at the track $20 just like the registered drivers can pay for Street Drag Racing for $30 Cash at the track. Car show participants can pay $30 to Run the Drags too!

Something to think about and I know it has my wheels turning.........Justin Starkey from VMP will be bringing his mobile dyno to the Roundup ;)

Here's some additional info on it:

We can take appointments now. We can come in a day or even two early if we are busy enough.

This is the landing page on our website, its not much right now.

http://vmptuning.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=409&pg=1

Dynotuning is $500, for existing customers its $350. Pulley and idler swap on a GT500 is $399 with parts. We can do a full package on those cars with CAI/tuner/pulley/idler for around $1200-1500 depending on year. We can do blower installs on GT500s, 03/04 Cobras, and 5.0s. We can also do afco dual fan heat exchanger installs.

cloud9 said:
Yea that was the thought when I was talking to George earlier today. We want to make sure there's plenty of track time for those traveling long distances. We've been fortunate to have PERFECT weather both years, but that way if it does happen to rain one day it's not as big of a deal.

Living in NE, mid-Sep thru mid-Oct is typically the best weather we have all year. Warm sunny days, cool nights, and dry. Although, being NE, ya just never know... We'll be crossing our fingers for this year!

dabossinne said:
Living in NE, mid-Sep thru mid-Oct is typically the best weather we have all year. Warm sunny days, cool nights, and dry. Although, being NE, ya just never know... We'll be crossing our fingers for this year!
I was planning to be down there on track tomorrow except for the blizzard and temps in the 30s........

Do you get to MPH a lot? I think I might head down there next Friday......weather permitting ::)

cloud9 said:
I was planning to be down there on track tomorrow except for the blizzard and temps in the 30s........

Do you get to MPH a lot? I think I might head down there next Friday......weather permitting ::)

Have yet to drive the track, actually. Had signed up for last year's Roundup but had a little trailer loading mishap. Really looking fwd to this year's Roundup. George is a great guy.

Have to head to OK this weekend to visit my son at college... what's the event this weekend at MPH? There's also a 2-day SCCA auto-x at Lincoln airpark this weekend. Missing that too dammit! 8-( By the looks of it you may not be going too far... hope you can make it out!

dabossinne said:
Have yet to drive the track, actually. Had signed up for last year's Roundup but had a little trailer loading mishap. Really looking fwd to this year's Roundup. George is a great guy.

Have to head to OK this weekend to visit my son at college... what's the event this weekend at MPH? There's also a 2-day SCCA auto-x at Lincoln airpark this weekend. Missing that too dammit! 8-( By the looks of it you may not be going too far... hope you can make it out!
Speed Fridays is all....ths weekend has an electric car event and next weekend is a KART event. Long haul for just one day but I wanted to work out the winter mods before the 3 day at BIR first week of May.

cloud9 said:
Speed Fridays is all....ths weekend has an electric car event and next weekend is a KART event. Long haul for just one day but I wanted to work out the winter mods before the 3 day at BIR first week of May.

Well, only gonna be in the 40s tomorrow, but sunny (supposedly). 60s this weekend. For giggles you should swing by the SCCA Solo event at Lincoln Airpark on your way home... it's right off I-80. Test & tune on Sat, points Solo on Sun. Anyway, wish I could join... Good luck!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You definitely can not miss this event this year. In the meantime check out www.racenasacentral.com for an event close to your house -- over at MAM ( April 26-28th )

This group will be out at MPH too, so you could hit Hastings a couple of times this year -- gotta be one of the best tracks in the entire Midwest in my opinion.

As someone pointed out, the owner of MPH, George, is a great guy. If you are coming with a big group he has onsite condo's with garages that you can rent (or buy for about 200k).

I just got back from the Track Guys event at Sebring, driving my TVS supercharged Boss on track was a blast. MPH is a tight track, but should still be quite interesting my 2nd year. Picking up the line is not too hard. The reverse autoX that George does Saturday morning is more fun than you would think.

Justin@VMP said:
As someone pointed out, the owner of MPH, George, is a great guy. If you are coming with a big group he has onsite condo's with garages that you can rent (or buy for about 200k).

I just got back from the Track Guys event at Sebring, driving my TVS supercharged Boss on track was a blast. MPH is a tight track, but should still be quite interesting my 2nd year. Picking up the line is not too hard. The reverse autoX that George does Saturday morning is more fun than you would think.

I have reached out for George with some questions, but am planning on attending this event in September...Looks like a great group and a lot of fun. Us slow guys stay to the right...

TMO Supporting Vendors