The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20-22, 2013 Motorsports Park Hastings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just wanted to get this out here so you can all mark your calendars. We're kicking around the idea of capping the number of track slots due to capacity constraints, so you'll want to get your registrations in early. We are also considering expanding the length of the event with some optional track time for those that want to make it a longer event. We'll be developing all of those details in the coming months, but at least you can block out the dates well in advance!

Thread on 2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup: https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-racing/2nd-annual-mustangford-roundup-at-motorsports-park-hastings!!!!/

Thread on 1st Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup: https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-racing/you-don't-have-to-wait-for-mmp-check-out-the-who's-the-boss-track-experience!/

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Put this on your calendar now , and George has commented the name may change slightly , but I am sure Gary or I will let everyone know way ahead of time. This is a superb track event and the car show is coming along fantastically. George does want to work to get even more owners to bring their vehicles for the car show for 2013, and with the current quality being exceptional, it can only make the event grow.

Thanks Gary for getting this up really early.

ArizonaGT said:
Calendar booked! Definitely interested in a "longer" event considering I'll be driving about 20 hours one-way to get there; gotta make the most of it! :)
Yea that was the thought when I was talking to George earlier today. We want to make sure there's plenty of track time for those traveling long distances. We've been fortunate to have PERFECT weather both years, but that way if it does happen to rain one day it's not as big of a deal.

This will be easy to remember since it's two days after my birthday. It would be helpful if you could provide a link for the best place local to the track to rent a Mustang. :D

5 DOT 0 said:
This will be easy to remember since it's two days after my birthday. It would be helpful if you could provide a link for the best place local to the track to rent a Mustang. :D
You want to try and wrestle a 600 whp supercharged bucking bronco with a Griggs suspension around the track? I might be talked into renting the GT500 but you'd probably have to do the track prep ::) I thought I'd have traded it by then, but now I'm guessing Ford's re-design won't be out until a year from January.

5 DOT 0 said:
Maybe. I just checked and it's an easy and straight 1,446 mile cruise out I-80 for me. :D

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1858+sunningdale+drive+95747&daddr=motorsports+park+hastings+nebraska
Two relaxing days in the Boss each way. No problemo ;)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
The recaros are pretty comfortable!

I think I am going to have to limit this to MPH only, estimate on costs for the whole trip are coming close to 5K already. If someone "gifts" me a new set of R6s, I can reduce this by 1300 :)

This will be a good shakedown for my freshly gutted/caged 302"S" :)

5 DOT 0 said:
This will be easy to remember since it's two days after my birthday.

One day after mine!!

Rick let's go in on a GT500 rental... I'd love to go next year and drag the car out the year after when my budget really swells.

5 DOT 0 said:
Fat Boss said:
5 DOT 0 said:
This will be easy to remember since it's two days after my birthday.

One day after mine!!

Rick let's go in on a GT500 rental... I'd love to go next year and drag the car out the year after when my budget really swells.
Now we're talking. Happy belated birthday!

Haha you too my friend!

Have summarized all of the email addresses I had on your registration forms and am sending everyone a link to the pictures and results. If you don't receive an email please send an address to me and I'll include you on the continuing updates for 2013. You will likely hear it here first from Gary, Kevin ("Gary's friend") and Bill and the team....but will follow up with updates by email.

George
PS sending that mail tonight after 10PM CDT

drano38

Wayne
I'll let you know 22 Sep 13 ;D
And it depends--if I leave the Boss as is, or follow Gary and Kevin's mods list. ::)
Either way, we'll have another great Roundup.
Hope to see you there.

TMO Supporting Vendors