The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V 3V Oil Pump Recomendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Los Angeles
Hi Guys

I would like to know which oil pump you guys recommend for stock 3V canyon car. 08 Bullitt. Car has about 160K, Changing out chains and tensioners, VCT, etc at the same time. Just wanted to if I should go with Trinity GT500 oil pump or OEM 3V.

Thank you

I just did this to my truck, I went back with the stock pump, I'm not sure what the options are, but I can absolutely tell you to go with OEM parts for those chains, tensioners, and variable cam buckets

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Los Angeles
Sounds good. While researching, came across people using 13-14 GT500 pump instead of stock 3V pump due to GT500 having steel back plate instead of aluminum for less flex. Some confusing info about spring pressure between 2 pumps. I will go with OEM Ford parts. Just wanted to know if there is any benefit going with GT500 pump, but at my near stock power level, don’t think it’s necessary.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel