The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Last edited:
Great idea Chris. For clarification even though we were originally called BossMustangsOnline all Mustangs have always been welcome.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Great idea Chris. For clarification even though we were originally called BossMustangsOnline all Mustangs have always been welcome.

Yeah sorry, corrected. I think there's not much before that because of the target audience, didn't mean to imply they weren't welcome.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
We welcome all Mustangs and I personally enjoy reading about upgrades, mods, and track exploits with older Stangs -- because that is where many of us started. Had a 97 and 99 Cobra and still fun to see them on the track as they still run a lot stronger with some easy changes than many competitors expect. Post away track ponies, and you will enjoy Chris M's posts as he has to live vicariously through all of us as his fast horse is stabled in a garage while he serves our Country in Japan.

Keep posting Chris , we understood your intention and many of us hope to see you at our local tracks when you get back. Heck, if they station you at Offutt ( Bellevue , Ne. ) you will have at least 2 tracks within 2-3 hours away. If RPM ever comes up out of the floodwaters , you will have one track 30 minutes away!?

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
I know that it can be hard to find stuff specifically for our engines and road racing, most of it is geared towards drag stuff. I figured that by using 3v and its various forms as tags that it might make it easier for search engines to wind up here. The idea being that maybe it'll draw others, or at least make the search function more useful.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Awesome. I hope we get some people out of the woodwork. As I said, if you have a 3v build thread or tech thread, let me know and I'll add it to the original post!

Good topic idea. Thanks.
I too drive an old 3V from 2008 with a little bit of work done to it.
We may be old, but not obsolete.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Good topic idea. Thanks.
I too drive an old 3V from 2008 with a little bit of work done to it.
We may be old, but not obsolete.

Right on. If you haven't already done a build thread or something of that sort, you should! I'd be interested in following along on an FR500S thread.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I drove one of those FR500S at Miller on day two of Boss track attack and had a blast. It was the closest thing to a real race car that I have ever driver. It was gutted and there must have been a nut or bolt rolling around somewhere because it sounded like fireworks going off inside the car on the course. It's one of the reasons I got into tracking my Boss.

TMO Supporting Vendors