The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

4.6 3V Oil Pan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have been researching oil pans for my 2008 Mustang GT and it looks like there are two options: Moroso and Canton. Are they both about the same or is one a better option? I mostly just autocross, but may start doing track days next year.
I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm also looking at the supercharger from Department of Boost

CA
I have been researching oil pans for my 2008 Mustang GT and it looks like there are two options: Moroso and Canton. Are they both about the same or is one a better option? I mostly just autocross, but may start doing track days next year.
I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm also looking at the supercharger from Department of Boost
Interested in knowing this as well.

Don’t have any input of value here, but I have a Moroso 20548 sitting on the workbench waiting to go on. I originally wanted an aluminum pan but no one seems to make/stock them. At least they didn’t earlier this year when I sourced the pan.

I’m not doing anything regarding aftermarket windage tray since the 3V has one from factory mounted to the mains and I think the block-gasket-windage tray-gasket-pan sandwich is just introducing potential leaks for no added value. I confirmed with Moroso the factory 3V pickup works with this pan.

I was looking at the windage tray/crank scraper from Livernois. Not sure if it's worth the upgrade though.

Another option to consider might be the high capacity cast aluminum oil pan from the 13/14 GT500

Ford Racing used to offer a kit (M-6675-MSVT) which included the oil pan, combination gasket/windage tray/scraper, pickup tube and hardware for a very reasonable price, but it is NLA and probably difficult to find these days

Note, the combination gasket/windage tray/scraper does need a very small amount of trimming to fit the 4.6 3V

Ford Racing also used to offer the oil pump from the 13/14 GT500 (M-6600-F46) but that kit is also NLA

I think you can still source all these parts individually new from Ford, but at a much higher overall price

Another option to consider might be the high capacity cast aluminum oil pan from the 13/14 GT500

Ford Racing used to offer a kit (M-6675-MSVT) which included the oil pan, combination gasket/windage tray/scraper, pickup tube and hardware for a very reasonable price, but it is NLA and probably difficult to find these days

Note, the combination gasket/windage tray/scraper does need a very small amount of trimming to fit the 4.6 3V

Ford Racing also used to offer the oil pump from the 13/14 GT500 (M-6600-F46) but that kit is also NLA

I think you can still source all these parts individually new from Ford, but at a much higher overall price
Thanks! I'll check it out

TMO Supporting Vendors