The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

4 Piston Brembo Front Brake Caliper Part Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello,

I was curious to know if anyone is replacing the Caliper/Bracket bolts with any frequency while doing run of the mill brake pad and disk swap work? I thought I read somewhere these bolts should be replaced (ie..one time use hardware) but I could be smoking the crack pipe again? :-\

Also, anyone know the OEM Part # for these bolts I am referring to? I cant seem to find them anywhere online.

Next up, it seems that the Brembo branded Caliper "Clip Kit" (7R3Z-2B164-A) has been abandoned by Ford. I've seen a few sites mention that this kit has been Discontinued :eek: .....Is there any reason to believe that the freely available Centric branded equivalent (MPN# 117.46021) is of any lesser quality?

Lastly, anyone know the OEM Part # for the rear caliper banjo "Flow" bolts used to attach the brake lines to the rear calipers? This is another Part that has been a challenge to find Online. I've been trying to avoid going to the stealership for this stuff but I may to give in ???

Thanks for any info you can provide

I replace my front caliper bolts every other season since I'm swapping street and track rotors a few times a year. Nobody recommended it, just gives me piece of mind. Part # W710233-S439 (4-pack).

I would recommend picking some extra rear caliper slider pins/bolts/dust boot kits (BRCK-5096). My buddy torqued one too hard and snapped it. No big deal since I had a replacement on hand. They can also seize up if exposed to rain, salt, etc. I do not change these out unless there is an issue.

Pretty sure AutoZone sells 4-piston brembo anti-rattle clips. They used to provide them in the front brake pad kit when you bought the Duralast Golds/CMAX. I don't recall if they included pins too.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I replaced the spring clip and pins with the kit from Auto zone. Same quality are originals.

Bolts. The caliper bolt is listed as one time use because of the lock tite like substance on the bolts from the factory. I reuse these bolts and remove the lock tite with a wire wheel. The bolts tend to Gaul the threads on the mount. Removing the lock tite stops this problem. You will need to check the torque before each event to Ensure the bolts are tight.

TMSBOSS said:
I replaced the spring clip and pins with the kit from Auto zone. Same quality are originals.

Bolts. The caliper bolt is listed as one time use because of the lock tite like substance on the bolts from the factory. I reuse these bolts and remove the lock tite with a wire wheel. The bolts tend to Gaul the threads oo the mount. Removing the lock tite stops this problem. You will need to check the torque before each event to Ensure the bolts are tight.

Ditto.....clean out threads torque to spec. These are not TTY so you can reuse. You can reapply a little lock compound if it makes you feel better but never had any loosed up if torqued correctly.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
FYI

I was at Auto Zone yesterday. They had Dorman brand caliper bolts in stock for $6.95 a set of 2. Locktite already applied to these bolts also.

A quick trip to the wire wheel and the plastic sealer is gone.

There is another wear point on the brembo calipers you may want to address....the bleeders. Several of us have installed a steel insert with a smaller bleeder. By doing this we remove the chance of tearing up the threads on the caliper si cel the wear is now in the removable insert. Search for links if interested.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel