The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

4 point roll bar without rear seat delete for '19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry for not exactly a track question, but I think this would be a best forum to find some recomendations :).

I am looking for a good 4 point roll bar without rear seat delete. On my '11 I have https://www.maximummotorsports.com/...arness-mount-2005-2014-convertible-P1385.aspx and I am trying to find something simular for 2019 I am getting in a few weeks.

I know that watson racing has very good roll bar, but it requires rear seat delete, I want to keep rear seat just in case (and yes, I'll put padding on the roll bar). The roll bar is mostly for street safety on the convertable and ocasional track days.

Thanks,

Vadim

US
Any race shops in your area? Might be easier and same price to have someone fab you one up. You can make it precisely how you want it. 4 point bar is pretty simple. Any chassis builder could do it. Just a thought.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Any race shops in your area? Might be easier and same price to have someone fab you one up. You can make it precisely how you want it. 4 point bar is pretty simple. Any chassis builder could do it. Just a thought.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
There are a few in Sonoma Raceway, so I may contact them, but I really would want one made with nice brakets and not agains the floor, so if someone can recomend a race shop around San Francisco, it would be great.

DFW, TX
I think Cool-tech got out of the roll bar business due to cost increases, but there's didn't require a rear seat delete. Maybe they still have a few.

If for a convertible, then I don't know.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Are you looking for a simple loop behind the front seat? Without bracing, why? I understand the desire to use the rear seat. Why not go with the Watson removable option. Once properly installed, removal and reinstall is fairly quick.
Any bar placed behind the front seat will be in the way of rear seat passengers, even more so in a wreck. Chances are great that anyone in the back seat would bounce off the bar, padded or not. Standard belts allow for movement of passengers ina crash. They move in the zone occupied by a bar. Not a good scenario.
No brace and most tracks will Not allow a convertible on track.
I would go with the Watson bar. With the top down, you will likely be able to install or remove in under 15 minutes, Seats included.

Padding won’t keep rear passenger heads from cracking so I’d be very cautious going that direction. I like @TMSBOSS idea.

If you’re in the Bay Area there is a shop that does custom roll bar installs and member @fuhrius used them. Search under his ID and try and find the shop.

Also AV8 Supercars at Sonoma might be able to help. Tell Darrell that Rick referred you.

@TMSBOSS yes I am lookling for a simple loop with back support (i.e. not 2 points).

I did put a lot of thoughts into the roll bar (second time around), and here are my thoughts:
  • The car is a daily driver, mostly for me and my wife to enjoy
  • Rarely I may have to drive someone on the back seat, but only localy around here
  • I do plan to go to track days. HOD allows open loop roll bar for track days, and HOD track days are good enogh for me
  • I do understand danger for the back passenger, but I am more worried about roll over. I had two rollovers before and picture of my kids hanging upside down in the booster seats is very hard to forget, even 10 years later (nothing happened, it was slow motion roll on back ice @25mph on all wheel drive SUV). So given that I am not planning to drive anyone on the back more then just around here, I've decided that I am more worried about roll over.

@VoodooBoss thank you for all the pointers, I spent good chunk of time reading @fuhrius build threads, very informative :). The shop he used is http://www.tcdesignfab.com, seems that I'll be stopping by to talk to Tony Colicchio and to hear his comments. I will also contact AV8.

@byronj no, I don't have G, so it not me (you can find me on Mustangs, BMWs and Supras forums but not G)

Last edited:
@VoodooBoss Well Tony (TC) is not interested in this project, I guess it is not performance... I'll call Av8 and Mike Maier (recomended by Tony).

@byronj Thank you. I really enjoy discussion here and do pickup info on what I want to do (in addition to roll bar I am changing shifter to mgw), but since I don't track I don't feel that I have enogh knoledge to contribute.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel