The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

4 Post or other stacker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I am trying to free up some parking space by "Stacking" a few cars. What has everyone used, a 4 post or other parking only "Stackers"?

Low cost 4 Posts start in the $2k range. Wondering if anyone has had any issues with anything now on the market.

I've got a Direct Lift 8K (ALI cert) 4 post I've used the crap out of. No issues, except pulleys got noisy.
Had to tear them down and grease everything up.

Recently got a GreggsEquip Atlas 8K, seems exactly the same as the Direct Lift, but not certified.
Using it only for parking, so not much use. Works fine so far.

What lifts were used in the garage we were in at MPH? Those worked well.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
OX1

I looked at the Direct lift site. Looks good. Interestingly enough, they are around the corner from Rotary lift. Like 350 feet away IAW google maps. Likely the same group under a different name.

Available in Black Only!! Do they think they are Henry Ford?? LOL

Thanks for the info!!

OX1

I looked at the Direct lift site. Looks good. Interestingly enough, they are around the corner from Rotary lift. Like 350 feet away IAW google maps. Likely the same group under a different name.

Available in Black Only!! Do they think they are Henry Ford?? LOL

Thanks for the info!!

HAHA!! Well at least it is really good powder coat, so I can live with color.
I have put those runways through hell and they still look great.

The biggest downside of those cheaper lifts is lift speed. I had my 430, 59 bird
on it and it's not a combo I'd want if I was getting paid by the hour to work on cars.

I also have an older Rotary 2 post I got for like $700 on auction from a closed GM plant,
and being 220V, thing is rocket by comparison. None of that is a deal breaker really for an
enthusiast.

In the Ford garage I could not make out any labels but they are all black so maybe the ones you're already looking at.

The garage across the street is using Backyard Buddy Automotive Lift and Revolution Lift plus some gray double lifts.

For Backyard Buddy money, I'd also look at Advantage.

https://www.advantagelifts.com/products/advantage-dx-9000

Their 9K is built much better than the cheaper 8K lifts. Downside for what I cal "tube on tube" lifts,
is their is no adjust-ability on where locks engage, as they are laser cut into the towers.
Makes it harder to level out on floors that are graded or out of wack.

That said, they are much stronger that C-channel lifts. Not really a big deal either way if
you aren't putting trucks or big SUV's on it, ever............

TMO Supporting Vendors