The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

4th Annual Mustang Roundup Sept 18-21, 2014 Motorsports Park Hastings! 4 days!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
John, John, John, ........................and just to make your feel better, Gary will have newer tires than you also, ha,ha!

Might have to bring my car this year, was only able to bum a ride for the autocross because someone told others I was hard on tires ( suspect it was Mr. Cheateroski Scheier putting out the bad vibes on his fellow Comp Oh ranj Boss driver).

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Bill Pemberton said:
John, John, John, ........................and just to make your feel better, Gary will have newer tires than you also, ha,ha!

That is a given. By September I may be running on snow tires based on my 2014 budget :)

Might have to bring my car this year, was only able to bum a ride for the autocross because someone told others I was hard on tires ( suspect it was Mr. Cheateroski Scheier putting out the bad vibes on his fellow Comp Oh ranj Boss driver).

Dude, you still owe me for the tetanus shot I had to get after figuring out your 'lightly used' set of tires had cord hanging out of them ;)

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
ArizonaBOSS said:
What about at the track?

[smak]I'll be at the track... which means there will be me and beer! I'm usually tapped out by the end of the first session... she can sit around with me and watch the others try and catch up :)

[/smak]

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hey , at least you know why I was slower than you the first day in Colorado -----I was running on metal tires, ha,ha!

PS - thanks for all your help, your sardonic wit and screaming sarcasm doesn't really overshadow the fact that your are there at every event always helping the handicapped ( like moi ).

Besides , many of us have found out that if we hang out with you , your nose resembles the best of a bloodhound's ability to find free beer!!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Gentleman by the name of Ryan Furstenau did the Video. Woodhouse Viper/SRT helps sponsor a similar event( as Woodhouse Ford sponsors the Mustang Roundup/Boss Reunion) in June called the Viper Rendezvous and Ryan did a video for that, since he is the co-sponsor. He has become a great friend of George's and the track and lent his expertise to do a great video for the superb September Ford Festival. He runs his own Financial Services company in Neligh ,Nebraska ( Furstenau Financial ), but you can tell he is a certified machinehead by his cool work filming the promo for Motorsports Park Hastings.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
When's the registration for this thing due?

Who will teach me to drive like all you pros. (I only have three track days under my belt) I may not want to be like you race rats but I'm sure I could learn a thing or two... :eek:

TymeSlayer said:

Who will teach me to drive like all you pros. (I only have three track days under my belt) I may not want to be like you race rats but I'm sure I could learn a thing or two... :eek:
There's an early registration discount that expires June 14th so I would recommend registering by then. Have you been to any track schools? Track Guys will be hosting a school on Thursday, so if the answer is no, you will want to register as a new driver. You'll get great instruction Thursday afternoon, then TONS of track time Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Tulsa, OK
TymeSlayer said:

I would definitely suggest doing the driving school with TrackGuys. I did it last year and Like Gary said you'll get some good instruction and time to learn the track at your own pace before all the fast guys get our there later in the weekend.

I should have also mentioned that we group cars based on experience and similar lap times, not necessarily by class. You will be grouped with drivers that are of similar speeds so no worries. You can run at a pace where you're comfortable. You really won't want to miss it this year. Ford has indicated there will be some S550s there 8)

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
TymeSlayer said:

I see you are in Brighton (not too far from me). NASA Rocky Mountain is going to be at Hastings on August 8-9. Good time to get out there and get some seat time in prior to the Roundup. You should know that other cheatin' bastards will be getting as much seat time as possible in Hastings... just a warning :)

I'm not sure if I'm going to make the August Hastings event. I will be at Road America the weekend before that and am supposed to be closing on a house August 8th (could be sooner)... so my availability may be nil.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
JScheier said:
I see you are in Brighton (not too far from me). NASA Rocky Mountain is going to be at Hastings on August 8-9. Good time to get out there and get some seat time in prior to the Roundup. You should know that other cheatin' bastards will be getting as much seat time as possible in Hastings... just a warning :)

I'm not sure if I'm going to make the August Hastings event. I will be at Road America the weekend before that and am supposed to be closing on a house August 8th (could be sooner)... so my availability may be nil.

Yes, I would like to get out there early but with all I've got going on this year, my 8th annual charity golf outing at Todd Creek, the Mustang 50th, the Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up in Steamboat, three family vacations, and work has me traveling every other week or so. So tyme is precious for me. I am trying to get my Cobra buddy to drive out his F-150 to Hastings so he can haul my tires and gear and to be my pit-boy. As soon as he confirms it's a go I will sign-up. Yeah, I have no problem with class tyme and have no intention of being stupid on the track. Not trying to beat every car around me but rather improve my driving skills first and then concentrate on bettering my personal tymes. Might have to look into NASA Rocky Mountain because the geezers (I'm no spring chicken at 56 either) at my Mustang club aren't interested in tracking their cars and they even suggested I join a Shelby club if that was what I wanted. Appreciate all your help guys. I'm looking forward to meeting you all at MPH.

Kirk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel