The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

4th Annual Mustang Roundup Sept 18-21, 2014 Motorsports Park Hastings! 4 days!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What a great weekend and a lot of fun. Congrats to Gary, John, and Kevin on their times. Couldn't believe the hospitality that George and his crew provides and how well organized the whole event was. Looking forward to next year. Just hoping that the "O" ring TSB gets rid of the p0300, p020, and p022 codes that I am throwing now.

drano38

Wayne
Overall a great weekend.
Thanks to George and everyone who had a part in planning/working the weekend. Lots of behind the scenes work is needed for an event like this.
And congrats to those who took home the hardware. Lots of great driving this weekend.

Here's a couple of my laps.
I was in the run group with Bart and his 2015 Mustang convertible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJBeKfnjiEc&feature=player_detailpage

And the next lap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbYzSqoonJo&feature=player_detailpage

George and the crew at MPH put together another great weekend. Fun Times!

When I agreed to run in the Race group I didn't realize that Wayne's toy he brought this year weighed 2800 lbs. w/560ish rwhp and that I would have to run against the Cobra Jet Drag Car's older brother in the drag finals ;D That race category is a catch-all. Cool class to run in, regardless of the competition. I have held my own with some 302S cars before, but this year was different, I got pounded on. That was fun to watch Wayne wheel that old World Challenge rocket around the track. Smooth shifts with the Jerico trans and he was finding more speed every session, and it sounded really good!

Here is my best AutoX run, a little hot on exit out of the last left hander caused me to overshoot the curbing and cost me a bit. Not sure if was enough of a bobble to make a difference, I was off 1.1 sec from Wayne's run....we finished 1 point behind him for the top spot overall. And that is we always go back the next year and try to improve again ;) New best lap of 1:33.9 for me and I think there is still some more left there for improvement.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BqOBeACzDM&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Next year I'll have to pay more attention to turning the camera on every session. I missed my fast lap and the thrill ride I gave my daughter with what I was told was the weekend record alfalfa harvest. Again, great fun if you haven't attended....next year should be bigger and better!

The Alfalfa Record was an all-time Record. I take lots of pictures and I took one of the car in the Black Flag Station. The picture is worth a 1000 words. The evidence is clear! "RECORD HARVEST"
I've sent the picture to Gary to post for me. I should have counted this as 2 points for the event. Idea for next year.
George

GeorgeAnderson said:
The Alfalfa Record was an all-time Record. I take lots of pictures and I took one of the car in the Black Flag Station. The picture is worth a 1000 words. The evidence is clear! "RECORD HARVEST"
I've sent the picture to Gary to post for me. I should have counted this as 2 points for the event. Idea for next year.
George
This is impressive to say the least! This wasn't done during his S197 best 1:33.9 lap, but at 3/4 speed with his daughter during a "ride along" session. In Kevin's defense, I did a 360 right in front of him in Turn 5 under a yellow flag during a warm up lap a couple years ago :-[

Kevin-Alfalfa-Record-2014_zps89ead23b.jpg

TMSBOSS said:
You have to feed the horse. ;D

Unsure if this is bailing or grazing?

Embarassing...but, it has proven to be a fun topic of discussion. The slalom back though the braking zone markers was pretty nifty. The driving getting me back on track was smooth 8), unfortunately the driving that took us off track was very suspect ??? The brake ducts and rotors were quite packed, good thing it was green and juicy or we could have had a burning smell going on.

Tulsa, OK
Bringing this in '15 and hope to make a run for top pony ;D

RB454-003-01-540.jpg

steveespo said:
20 hours and 22 minutes each way for me. need to take off 5 days for travel and recovery, 3 days on track.......I can do that. See you next year, I will have yellow rookie stripes on the back bumper though. iRacing doesn't have MPH so I can't practice :-\
If you make the trip I promise to show you the line on Friday! 8)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
cloud9 said:
You can put it on your calendar. George has already set the date for next year's 5th Annual: http://www.racemph.com/schedule/mustang-roundup-2014/

Done and done and I know Reggie and Peter won't let me forget and there some others coming out with us too. Most definitely will have the rookie markers as well. We've only been to MAM so looking forward to this event.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel