The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

5.0 CPC vs. 5.2 FPC in the GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Given the lack of crankshaft weights, 8200 RPM redline and the size of the intake runners, I'm curious what the torque numbers are going to be on this engine at low RPMs. I have driven some low torque, high revving engines both in cars and on motorcycles, and it can be a real pain sometimes. I know the VVT helps, and maybe they have some electronic airflow enhancers in the intake?

Is the rear gearing going to continue to be 3.73 or are they going to "help" the GT350 with a lower rear end and/or lower 1st gear in the trans?

One of the amazing things to me about the Boss is how it can pull from idle all the way to redline. I'm wondering if this tractability will be sacrificed in the GT350?

coboss said:
I know the VVT helps, and maybe they have some electronic airflow enhancers in the intake?

Is the rear gearing going to continue to be 3.73 or are they going to "help" the GT350 with a lower rear end and/or lower 1st gear in the trans?

One of the amazing things to me about the Boss is how it can pull from idle all the way to redline. I'm wondering if this tractability will be sacrificed in the GT350?

The intake is supposedly going to have charge motion control valves

The rear gearing is supposedly going to be 3:73 with a torsen differential

I suspect the Voodoo will pull just fine and build revs like crazy

DGRacing said:
I'd bet the CFM of that low-pro plenum on the new car has higher flow than CJ intake.
But it looks ordinary.
Yep. I'd wait until it becomes available and I'm told it will be.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Please all remember the "500 HP" in Ford speak is SAE net crankshaft, so about 450 on a chassis dyno. There will be headroom in the 5.2 to make well over 500 WHP, just not stock, most likely. Spinning another 600 rpm will get it there plus more fuel and spark with a tune. Sure that ARH and Kooks are working on full length headers for this configuration too.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel