The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

5.2L ALUMINATOR 5.2 XS CRATE ENGINE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was seriously considering it when my Boss engine blew out of warranty. Anybody know if if could possibly pass smog in CA? The doubt kept me from proceeding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was seriously considering it when my Boss engine blew out of warranty. Anybody know if if could possibly pass smog in CA? The doubt kept me from proceeding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This engine is technically not smog legal. That being said, a calibration could probably be made that would pass the sniff test, but it would suffer a horse power detriment and never really pass a visual inspection by a competent inspector.

This engine was run with long tube headers to reach that HP rating. Kooks headers are in the FP show car that has this engine mated to an auto tranny. The best candidate for his engine is a S550 in order to make the electronics play well together. The cam phasers are gen 2 vs the gen one stuff in the S197 2011-14 coyote cars.

This is a bad ass motor, no doubt.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel