The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

50 Is The New 15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In honor of Paul Brown the 2011 SCCA World Challenge GTS Champion.

50tiger-racing-boss-302s-sema.jpg
IMG_1983.jpg
IMG_1973.jpg

Nice. I was saddened to learn of his passing. I only wished I had had the honor of meeting him. He seemed like an awesome guy which I'm sure all those who knew him would attest to.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Losing someone so young is always a tragedy. My heart goes out to his family. I don't know if there is life after death but if there is may we see them again.

Zquez said:
Nice. I was saddened to learn of his passing. I only wished I had had the honor of meeting him. He seemed like an awesome guy which I'm sure all those who knew him would attest to.

I had the pleasure of meeting Paul at the Mid America Ford and Shelby event in Tulsa a couple of years ago. He was a class act and very gracious to us Mustang racer wannabees: and a heck of a driver. Tried to follow him around Hallett Motor Circuit but it was futile...He was very quick. He will be missed.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
I had the priviledge of knowing Paul back in the day... I was the pit crew for Paul Brown when he first got his pro license from SCCA... it was in a garage built American Sedan 1979 mustang coupe... the smurf killer... he was a great man and a friend to every mustang person that had the chance to meet him....

I still carry the team shirt in my boss and display it proudly everywhere I show the car...

he is missed by many... I for one thank you for the kind memory....

GB899 said:
I had the priviledge of knowing Paul back in the day... I was the pit crew for Paul Brown when he first got his pro license from SCCA... it was in a garage built American Sedan 1979 mustang coupe... the smurf killer... he was a great man and a friend to every mustang person that had the chance to meet him....

I still carry the team shirt in my boss and display it proudly everywhere I show the car...

he is missed by many... I for one thank you for the kind memory....
Great story, thanks for sharing. I found this photo a while back and thought it was pretty cool.

ParnelliJonesandPaulBrown2010_zpsd3b6d08d.jpg

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
It is a great photo... two of the true boss mustang greats...
I wish I knew how to link photos...
I have a photo of the smurf killer from the good old days in Omaha.
I am sure some would enjoy seeing where it all started...

GB899 said:
It is a great photo... two of the true boss mustang greats...
I wish I knew how to link photos...
I have a photo of the smurf killer from the good old days in Omaha.
I am sure some would enjoy seeing where it all started...
instructions for posting photos are in the thread below.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=212.0

TMO Supporting Vendors