The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

$50 off 305/35/18 NT01

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You can use $50 off coupons three times on discount tire's eBay listings. $150 off on the total order brings the tire's to $268/each. Just order them one at a time for max benefit or have a friend order your fourth tire.

This is the best street price you'll find on the block.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I think the "squishiness" is just a trait of the NT01. I had this tire on my 10.5" Enkeis and at first I thought something was wrong with the rear suspension because the car moved around so much. Softest sidewall tire I have ever driven. I've had Conti DW's, Conti Slicks, Pirellis PZeros, PZero Slicks, and R888's. The NT01's were my least favorite because the driver feedback isn't great in my opinion.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Flyboygsxr said:
I think the "squishiness" is just a trait of the NT01. I had this tire on my 10.5" Enkeis and at first I thought something was wrong with the rear suspension because the car moved around so much. Softest sidewall tire I have ever driven. I've had Conti DW's, Conti Slicks, Pirellis PZeros, PZero Slicks, and R888's. The NT01's were my least favorite because the driver feedback isn't great in my opinion.

O Dam... Thanks I've only used the 555II on the track, so I'll have to wait
and see how I like them(fingers crossed). What pressures did you run?
Would puttin in a couple lbs.extra help out, or only cause them to get greasy?
Sorry for the derail Dan

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I don't remember the PSI that I ran in the NT01's. I think if you decide to get them start at 32 cold which should put you somewhere around 38 hot. I like to start high and air down if necessary to find the optimal pressure. Do you drive or trailer your car to the track. If you trailer it why not just go with take-off slicks?

Also, when I ran the NT01's I went with a staggered setup, 275/35/18 and 305/35/18. If I could do it all over again I would run 305 square. The 305's out back are so much bigger than the 275 that the car will understeer pretty bad and I hate understeer. NT01 305 are bigger than your typical 305 so be aware of that. They fit perfectly though on my 18x10.5 Enkei PF01's.

Adam

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Thanks for the reply. This will be the first I trailer my Shelby to the tracks and just got Vorshlags 18x11 square w/ the 305 NT01 all around,wasn't sure if I was ready for slicks!
Last year I ran 18x10s 285 555IIs w/ those presumes you mentioned so use them for these,thanks. Your right on the tires they're huge! With the new wheel/tire combo and the Watts I put in over the winter,car should feel real good. Thanks for the advice . Rob

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
With the square setup you should be happy. You can help balance the car out if it tends to over or understeer by lowering the PSI in the front or rear to compensate i.e. if it oversteers then lower the rear tire pressure and visa versa for understeer. Have fun and stay off the grass :)

Adam

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel