The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

50th anniversary summary

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Although, I couldn't attend the celebration, I see A LOT of my fellow Mustang owners did make it to the party. Thru pics & videos I can see the vast array of Mustangs that were there, both at Charlotte & Vegas. It makes me proud to own a performance car that's been in the mix for 50 yrs. Although times were lean at one point ( you know when) The Mustang has always proven to be a truly awesome car to drive....especially now, with the Boss coming back & the GT500 662 HP out there. Hope the next generation Stang lives up to the Hype. Henry would be proud!

While the event planning in Vegas was not perfect my son and I still had a great time. I think the new 2015 Mustang looks terrific and will be a great platform for the next decade of Mustangs. I think we'll all be proud to call the S550 a Mustang. A few photos I've posted elsewhere.

IMG_1619_zpsca475031.jpg
IMG_1589_zpsda3d3fe8.jpg
IMG_1599_zps8a45c651.jpg
IMG_3637_zpse88782d0.jpg
IMG_3639_zps133c81bd.jpg
IMG_1662_zpsc0aeaeb2.jpg

I agree, I think the new platform will eventually prove itself to be more Mustang than people give it credit for. I am already proud that it isn't even trying to be in the same group as the other Pony cars. They aren't stepping up their game, but Mustang is.
I also thought the Charlotte celebration left much to be desired, especially the opening ceremony.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
My observations from the Vegas event - am I glad I went? Absolutely. Could it have been better? Absolutely. Maybe my expectations were too high but I would have liked to seen things like some racing cars and drivers who are Ford associated. John Force and a Mustang Funny Car? Carl Edwards, Greg Biffle, etc. and a Nascar fusion? Meet and greet, autograph sessions? Really disappointed Ford didn't have an S550 to at least sit in, if not test drive or do a ride along. Surely they have plenty of mules running around at this point. I think the track guys probably got more out of the event. Just my random thoughts.
Pony drive was great as I got to meet folks from around the world and had great hospitality from some Ford dealers.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
If I didn't participate on track it would have been a one day event for me. That being said being in the garages with some cool current and past Mustang race cars as well as the fun and excitement of running Charlotte high banks made it a win for me. That and meeting many BMO members as well as other track junkies and racers (Chris Buescher, Jack Jr. 8)) made it a great event. We also ran a "Gentleman's Race" at noon on Saturday that was my first wheel to wheel competition, in the rain, with a 2x2 NASCAR start.......priceless.
Steve

BLAZN BOSS

steveespo said:
If I didn't participate on track it would have been a one day event for me. That being said being in the garages with some cool current and past Mustang race cars as well as the fun and excitement of running Charlotte high banks made it a win for me. That and meeting many BMO members as well as other track junkies and racers (Chris Buescher, Jack Jr. 8)) made it a great event. We also ran a "Gentleman's Race" at noon on Saturday that was my first wheel to wheel competition, in the rain, with a 2x2 NASCAR start.......priceless.
Steve
I watched you make laps a few days, except Saturday, I didnt go out the motel cause of the rain..........my Boss doesnt get rained on LOL!.............You car looks really good out there making laps. I enjoyed everyday but most of my knowledge of what was happening was from others walking or talking near me. So I guess getting the information of what was happening was the worst part. Still enjoyed myself!

Long story, but ended up at the Vegas event on Good Friday. Looked for a group that looked like BMO'ers but nothing obvious at least at the MORE's we passed through. Talked to several nice owners with stories to tell, however. Acres of cars to look at!

My first time at LVMS and thought the track and venue were outstanding. Ford pavilion was nice. Tried to buy some shirts and such and most of the popular items were well picked-over by mid afternoon on day 2.

A nice plus was the fighter jets landing near by on Friday - can't beat Mustangs and fighters at the same event!

Hope to do a pony drive in the future; flew into this event, so my car wasn't with me. I was in withdrawal. Stayed at NYNY but missed the Thurs evening event. Saw them taking down the banners on the bridge after we checked in, though.

Landed a nice poster and pin, and have some shirts on order via the web after we got home.

Have to say the S550 in 50th Anniv trim was looking nice in DIB/Kona and a splash of chrome. Based on interest, car should do very well.

I have to hand it to the team in Charlotte: for the most part the event appeared to be well organized or at least as organized as it can be. I heard the registration lines were long on Wednesday but I came in Thursday afternoon and no wait-friendly staff everywhere!
The track event was well organized, tech went smoothly and the staff did a fine job: I had a pit garage for Friday and Saturday and it was a great atmosphere meeting fellow mustang owners and enthusiasts. Became pretty popular on Saturday as it rained all day. Met some fellow Ford fans who came over from Australia and they had a great time. Even took one of them around the track. He will be telling that story to his 'mates back home for a while....
Overall a great time but we sure could have done without the rain on Saturday as that was my vendor walk day and it was miserable: but oh well.
Boss performed well on track-I was in the B Group and had a blast. Took me a while to dial in the Koni struts and dampers, but once I did, the car was amazing. Only mishap that occurred was that coming into Nascar Turn 1 Start/finish there was a 13 Grabber Blue Boss that got black flagged and instead of going around, he felt that stopping at the flag stand was the appropriate thing to do! Me and another car were approaching that corner at about 80 mpg (heading into the infield portion of the course) and we had to hit the brakes and split him.....no clue why this happened but luckily everyone got through ok....maybe I will post the Go Pro vid but will have to edit the *expletives* ....
IMG_2389_zps4cf098fd.jpg
IMG_2381_zps57bb4fa3.jpg
IMG_2401_zps59767fd8.jpg

Vista, it was good to meet you, and thanks for the encouraging words. Something I forgot to ask you in the garage area, where did you get that set-up for your shoulder harness?

I had a great time all 4 days... The rain sucked on Saturday, but I still made the best of the day... Sunday I had my BOSS signed by Vaughn Gittin Jr. Along with 2 R/C Cars I bought from him that day... I didn't break the bank during the event and still had fun so that is a plus...

Also meet PJ and some other cool BOSS Mustangs Members... never could hook up and get everyone together for a dinner, and the one night they did I was busy... but No worries, we will meet sometime...

93 LX 5.0 said:
Vista, it was good to meet you, and thanks for the encouraging words. Something I forgot to ask you in the garage area, where did you get that set-up for your shoulder harness?
We had a great time right?
It is a Schroth convertible and is available through several race outfitters...I cannot recall specifically where I got it....but will see if I can find the invoice

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
vista6019 said:
We had a great time right?
It is a Schroth convertible and is available through several race outfitters...I cannot recall specifically where I got it....but will see if I can find the invoice

We ate a Schroth reseller but I not aware of a model called "Convertable". We can supply any currently supported model.

-Pete

TMO Supporting Vendors