The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

-

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Any updates from you guys running CT XP16s and XP20s up front?

In for feedback.
This is a good topic, as I'm in a similar boat :)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

I ran XP20/XP12 combo this weekend at VIR and was pleased with the performance. I have drilled Baer rear rotors that did crack pretty badly with the 12s so I am getting rid of the pimp looking rotors and going back to stock blanks on the rear. I am getting them OEM new for $50 pr. From Roush.

The 20s wore about 50% over 365 track miles this weekend. Front 15" Ford front rotors show no wear at all after 5 total days this season.
Steve

Tulsa, OK

I've been running the xp 20/10combo for probably 6 months now. I've done 3 track days during that span, one on nt-05s and two on R6s. I've also done some street driving on the nt-05s. I have the centric rotors as well.

I don't think these pads are too much for the street. In fact, it takes some work to get them hot enough where they could potentially even lock up the tires. They are noisy but I don't DD this car so I don't mind. I only have a few track days on these pads but they seem to be wearing well and my rotors seem to be holding up well too. Even on track I didn't have an issue with locking up the nt-05s. Just be cautious of your pedal and you'll be ok.

This pad setup is awesome. I usually run on a course that is notorious for eating brakes and I haven't experienced fade, even with the R6s. I would highly recommend this setup.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Yes ducts absolutely. I am planning on doing brake fans inline up front and rear ducting out back. On track you need cooling not only for the pads and rotors but to keep fluid and hub temps under control. With this combo I saw peak -g numbers of 1.27 with normal braking events at -1.10 all weekend at VIR.
Steve

Tulsa, OK

Yeah brake ducts are definitely needed. I upgraded to stainless lines as well.

drano38

Wayne

sys999 said:
Thank you both, now to find some good deals!

Look at the supporter's advertisements on the right--Pete at Track Day Solutions, and KNS Brakes are Carbotech dealers.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel