The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

-

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Re: Rejuvenating Pirelli rubber (WD40, mineral oil, etcetera?)

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=9220

Rub this on with a small paint roller a twice a day for the 3 days leading up to a track event. It works. I dunno how long the effect will last if you're using it on the street, however.

The Phoenix Racing tire expert that is on here also said there is another product called "Goat Piss" that works just as well.

FWIW my Pirellis seem hard as rocks after 18k miles...they were pretty good new but I think they just harden up over time.

I use to use goat pee when I was karting it softs rubber real quick never worked well on asphalt mostly dirt dries the tire out. There are to many different brands of goat pee that act different. I would use hot lap products but prepping tires ain't easy there's a lot to it.

Rejuvenating Pirelli rubber (WD40, mineral oil, etcetera?)

I'm just happy another mustang owner actually knows how to spell et cetera
Others, please note the lack of x's and k's !!!!!!

ArizonaGT said:
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=9220

Rub this on with a small paint roller a twice a day for the 3 days leading up to a track event. It works. I dunno how long the effect will last if you're using it on the street, however.

The Phoenix Racing tire expert that is on here also said there is another product called "Goat Piss" that works just as well.

FWIW my Pirellis seem hard as rocks after 18k miles...they were pretty good new but I think they just harden up over time.

I have been using the Formula V that Drew refers to from Pegasus on my Conti takeoffs and believe it works, at least for track use. Not using it on my DDs. The tires do need to be recoated after a day on the track, thus not seeing this of much benefit for DD. It takes me about 15 minutes to coat a set of 4 and then wrap in industrial pallet (Seran) wrap. I believe the tires are stickier and are lasting longer. I am not coating as frequently as Drew suggested, but that frequency is recommended by several online sources.

TMO Supporting Vendors