The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

-

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Re: Tire bead out of round?

This is one of those maybe situations. If the bead is distorted due to being stored with shopping straps on it it should be OK. If the bead cords are broken internally due to damage removing the tire then it will be no good and unsafe. Have a good tire tech examine it before mounting. Maybe blacksheep-1 will give his input on this as well.
Steve

I've seen a few like that, when they ship them they wedge the daylights out of them in the truck, packing them in as tightly as possible, I don't think it will be an issue, once it's stretched over your wheel it should go away. I personally have never had a problem with them.

Personally I would not use it. Bad things can happen very quicky at speed on track. However blacksheep is way more of an expert on tires then me.

TMO Supporting Vendors