The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

5th Annual “Snakes at the Lake” Tahoe Cruise – Saturday June 21st, 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06 said:
Man. I'm debating on where I want to meet up. If I go to Sears it's a ETD of 4 am, if I go to Steamers it's 5 am but with traffic you never know. There is still the chance I may not go as work is taking a bit longer to get accomplished than I thought. Gotta have the house in order before I go play on Saturday since I'm leaving so early Sunday. Worst case scenario is just catching up after the departure from Steamers (K street, right?) which shouldn't be too bad even if I leave my place around 5:30 am (big difference over 4 am). And there's some reasonable gas there by Steamers correct? Jim, maybe you could pm your # and I can let you know where I am in the morning so I can better gauge where I'd be catching the group.

Sean,

Here are 2 possibilities if you're really short on time Saturday morning.

This one gets you to Meyers before our 10:45 am departure if you leave Monterey at 6:15am

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Monterey,+CA&daddr=Meyers,+CA&hl=en&ll=37.722935,-121.074829&spn=3.436568,4.916382&sll=37.967424,-121.084095&sspn=3.425273,4.916382&geocode=Fa55LgId7Ai8-CmR-7VwUuSNgDFePUrYCUlI7g%3BFa_lUAIdAL_Y-CkRabQM0Y2ZgDEpCk9r0KBqmg&oq=meyers,+ca&gl=us&mra=ls&t=m&z=8

This one gets you to our Tahoe Vista event about 12 noon if you leave Monterey at 7:20am

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Monterey,+CA&daddr=California+28+%26+National+Ave,+Tahoe+National+Forest,+Tahoe+Vista,+CA+96148&hl=en&sll=39.239598,-120.048578&sspn=0.013146,0.019205&geocode=Fa55LgId7Ai8-CmR-7VwUuSNgDFePUrYCUlI7g%3BFa6_VgIdPjTY-CkxLiXQtmSZgDE7mKOse0b2Cg&oq=MONTERE&gl=us&mra=ls&t=m&z=8

Call Fat Boss at 8:15am while we're in OTS so we can figure out where you'll meet us.

Jim

Registration packets will be handed out in Old Town Sac starting at about 8:00am on Saturday morning. They contain a ticket that gets you into the Tahoe Vista parking facility. If you're joining the cruise enroute on Hwy 50 or meeting us in Meyers, please see me there in the golf course parking lot just after 10am for your packet. I'll be in the SBY Boss 302 LS. Thanks!

Jim

I know you're a hour worse than me on getting up and out, but it really is a fun caravan starting at the hotel in Milpitas at, yikes, 5:15. Just think of it as extended awesomeness playing cars!

We're meeting at 5:15 at Embassy Suites on Calaveras & 680.

Also, if you leave at about 4:30 you'd catch the group as we leave Concord

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I don't plan on being up tomorrow until 4:45.... so I think that's out. I should be on the road by 5:15 (dog walking) and the GPS says 2:45 travel time so that'd put me in OTS almost the same time as you guys. I don't have your # Andy but I have Jared's if he's cruising with you for the first few legs and I can let him know what's going on. Worse comes to worse, when you stop, shoot me a message on here. Looking forward to a beautiful day tomorrow. The GoPros are all charged up, car's gassed up, just need some sleep.

Another incredible Team Shelby - Pacific Coast Region event. All made possible by the impeccable planning and flawless execution by Jim !!! :D

Great time hanging out with the crew, especially Fiddler49 and his lovely wife and Surfergeek. Easy to remember names when theirs are the same as ours, LOL. :eek:

Surfergeek and I had a pretty fun time for parts of the trip back, hitting HWY 88 over Carson Pass in the epic Sierra Nevada mountain range.

20140621_075034_zps8b1102e2.jpg

20140621_121041_zpsad560492.jpg

20140621_124615_zpse259f705.jpg

20140621_124627_zps10be453f.jpg

20140622_105621_zpsc51687e4.jpg

Fat Boss said:
Another incredible Team Shelby - Pacific Coast Region event. All made possible by the impeccable planning and flawless execution by Jim !!! :D

Great time hanging out with the crew, especially Fiddler49 and his lovely wife and Surfergeek. Easy to remember names when theirs are the same as ours, LOL. :eek:

Surfergeek and I had a pretty fun time for parts of the trip back, hitting HWY 88 over Carson Pass in the epic Sierra Nevada mountain range.
Had a great time hanging with you as well! And I wholeheartedly agree it was a fantastic event!

Great shots, sorry I missed it. How did the new location work out?

It worked out perfectly. Not much foot traffic compared to the normal lake side location though. My preference would be for the lake side location but would have no qualms about the place we parked.

I don't know if you got to ride this last year, but holy cow this thing needs a Torsen diff!!! I was moving through a corner as fast as I could lean in and go and it'd easily light the inside tire up!! :eek:

I need to get me one of these.

IMG9567101_zpse8712ffd.jpg

Fat Boss said:
It worked out perfectly. Not much foot traffic compared to the normal lake side location though. My preference would be for the lake side location but would have no qualms about the place we parked.

I don't know if you got to ride this last year, but holy cow this thing needs a Torsen diff!!! I was moving through a corner as fast as I could lean in and go and it'd easily light the inside tire up!! :eek:

I need to get me one of these.
Then there's the video...

Epic Fat Boss!

Figured I'd add my pics:

SnakesonLake1.jpg
Early morning Grabber Blue gathering...

SnakesonLake2.jpg
Stop off in Old Sac

SnakesonLake3.jpg
Main event at Tahoe Vista Rec Area in North Tahoe

SnakesonLake4.jpg
427 Cobra...'nuf said...top car of the day

I want to thank everyone who attended “Snakes at the Lake” – 2014 this past weekend for contributing to another successful TS-PCR and BMO event. It’s your enthusiasm that makes these events possible. I also want to thank Russ, his wife and their local Tahoe Vista crew for making our stay enjoyable with a tasty BBQ, some great beverages and frozen treats. The weather was perfect for a scenic cruise to the Sierras and day at Lake Tahoe.

I was able to take a few pictures at the start of our day, but not after we left Old Town Sac. So if you have some good ones like those above, please post them up!

IMG_1268_zps28fa22d1.jpg

IMG_1266_zpsbf023837.jpg

IMG_1265_zpscd1819b8.jpg

IMG_1275_zps54d67eea.jpg

IMG_1278_zpsff5f4344.jpg

IMG_1276_zps5f473a79.jpg

IMG_1279_zpsf19f365b.jpg

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I have quite a few but I need to be on the ole laptop to post them. In another day or so. I wish my video of the gorgeous scenery worked out a little better than it did but after I edit them some, I'll post those as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors