The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

6 future classic cars to buy now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

we made the list

i guess he should have known it was a 2 year run

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/6-future-classic-cars-buy-now-150626109.html

"In its one year run, the second generation of the Mustang Boss 302 is bound to go down a future classic. An American heritage paired to one of the Mustang’s most iconic nameplates, and a limited production run. Get ‘em now while they’re hot."

Makes sense for the Boss, but the Fisker Karma, really! Unless you would want to buy the first big flop of a luxury electric, who's company is bankrupt.

BLAZN BOSS

GottaBoss said:
At least he chose the right year (and color) in the photo. ;D
well he got the number of years wrong sooooooo..............LOL!

Wow, they're letting anyone write articles online now....
$70k for a BMW 1m? All day long $35-45 depending on millage and location. Sure they're hard enough to find and will probably go up a bit, but not after they rock bottom first, like all German cars.

And the Scion / Subaru twins? nice cars surely, but future classics? teh...

I read a few years ago in a magazine (forget which one...) that they believed the Pontiac Aztec was going to be a future collectible!? Their reasoning was that Pontiac was going under and the Aztec sold so poorly that there would be very few nice examples left in the future. Umm...there was a reason why no one wanted them...they were god awful ugly. No amount of time into the future is going to change that. My guess is that really none of the cars that are produced today (with the exception of supercars like Ferrari and Lambo, etc) will be truly collectible. The reason those 60's and early 70's muscle cars are collectible is because no one knew at the time that someday they would be, so they drove the crap out of them. As a result, not that many nice examples survived into the future. People back then had no idea there would be a huge market for those cars in the future. Problem is nowadays everyone thinks they have a future collectible, so people are mothballing these cars. In 40 years there are going to be a ton of low mileage shelby's and Bosses as a result. More cars equals lower demand and lower exclusivity. The only way these cars become collectible is (unfortunately) if people start driving them and trashing them.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I think the BMWs have a bit of a leg to stand on. I've seen firsthand 1st-gen M3s going for more at auction then the E46 (last of the inline 6). They were going for almost 2x what a solid E46 was going for, at $40k+.

It's all a guessing game.

cbj5259 said:
I read a few years ago in a magazine (forget which one...) that they believed the Pontiac Aztec was going to be a future collectible!? Their reasoning was that Pontiac was going under and the Aztec sold so poorly that there would be very few nice examples left in the future. Umm...there was a reason why no one wanted them...they were god awful ugly. No amount of time into the future is going to change that. My guess is that really none of the cars that are produced today (with the exception of supercars like Ferrari and Lambo, etc) will be truly collectible. The reason those 60's and early 70's muscle cars are collectible is because no one knew at the time that someday they would be, so they drove the crap out of them. As a result, not that many nice examples survived into the future. People back then had no idea there would be a huge market for those cars in the future. Problem is nowadays everyone thinks they have a future collectible, so people are mothballing these cars. In 40 years there are going to be a ton of low mileage shelby's and Bosses as a result. More cars equals lower demand and lower exclusivity. The only way these cars become collectible is (unfortunately) if people start driving them and trashing them.
I check this and other BOSS forums every day and there are an awefull lot of guys modding the crap out of thier cars. Everyone seems to want the fastest or best looking car (which is totally fine by me). I believe the more mods that are done, the more the cars will be driven and abused. I know that most if not all these mods can be reversed, but if you have a million hard miles on a car, it will show, even if all the origional items are put back on. Leaving alot less un- molested, origional BOSS' with low mileage remaining for collectors. I for one will not mod the crap out of my car, but will also not garage it and try to keep the miles off it either. I bought it to enjoy. Who knows what will happen in the future?

TMO Supporting Vendors