The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

6 Pot Brembo Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just got a great deal on Brembo 6 pot calipers, raybestos blank rotors and hawk pads for my base GT.
In order to maximize the benefit of the conversion do I need to replace the brake dust shields, too? Stainless brake lines? Also, do the Vorshlag brake deflectors work with the base GT undertray?

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Just got a great deal on Brembo 6 pot calipers, raybestos blank rotors and hawk pads for my base GT.
In order to maximize the benefit of the conversion do I need to replace the brake dust shields, too? Stainless brake lines? Also, do the Vorshlag brake deflectors work with the base GT undertray?
Congrats on a solid pickup, you're going to really enjoy the braking zones. Perhaps one of the best things I've done to my base GT. The stock base shields are friggin' huge, and the PP upgrade package has some skimpy bikini ones which I believe only cover up just where the tie rod and lower control arm are, at like, 5 and 7 o' clock, leaving the rest open.

The reason for that becomes clearly more evident when you look at the rest of the PP package, like this undertray.

IMG_20200824_172551.jpg
(JR3Z-17626-B)

Which would feed air up into the control arm, which for the Performance Pack crowd is also slightly different than our boring base model control arms.

1598315606327.png

They're on the right, and about midway through, they'll direct air into the back of the rotor, which is now exposed by either not running one, or the shorty bikini shield which comes with the aftermarket Ford Performance brake upgrade pack.

So unless you need/want to replace your Front Lower Control Arms with the PP2 control arms, which don't offer anything more than just that shield, the Vorshlag plates are a pretty darn cool way of achieving the same thing. If you're going to go to the effort of upgrading your Front Control Arms, take a look at something like the SPL arms, which would help you drop nearly 20 pounds with the titanium.

IMG_20200824_172614.jpg

Getting to your last question, downside is, if you keep the base non-PP undertray and mount those deflectors, you probably won't see too much air. Good news, that PP tray isn't too terribly expensive at like 80 bucks. If you're crafty and have a buddy, nothing saying you can't just trace your existing lower tray and do some cutting/molding of your own air tunnels into it.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors