The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

67 Fairlane GTA Build Thread Profile - Non Mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
I was trying to figure that out the other day when I was yappin with Bob, and now it makes sense. Got pretty much all of us beat on smiles per mile, that's for sure.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Love the Fairlane. Beautiful car. Excellent colors. Love the Magnums. Brings back childhood memories when my grandfather changed back and forth from Galaxies to Fairlanes to Falcons.

Thanks Patrick! Seeing your purpose built Mustangs has reignited a desire to find a 67 Fairlane shell and pair it with an Art Morrison max-G chassis and Coyote power for the track! Now, to find the time and money....

That is another absolutely stunning Fairlane! Assume a Boss, GT or GT 350 may have taken it's place ??

Hi Bill - I have spoken to you many times regarding Vipers over the years....... My first car was a 66' Fairlane. It belonged to a friends grandfather, he bought the car new and passed away a few years later. It sat inside a garage untouched until I saw it in 1982. The car was perfect with less than 8,000 miles. I pulled the 289 and put in a 351 Cleveland and raced the car in different forms until you 86. Regrettably, I sold it. The guy I sold it to still owns and races it today. I bought the 67 with thoughts of doing the same as I did with the 66, but it was just too nice to chop it up.

My neighbor has a really special 66, a 427, that I'm waiting for. The car really drives nice.

66fairlane.jpg

IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Hi Bill - I have spoken to you many times regarding Vipers over the years....... My first car was a 66' Fairlane. It belonged to a friends grandfather, he bought the car new and passed away a few years later. It sat inside a garage untouched until I saw it in 1982. The car was perfect with less than 8,000 miles. I pulled the 289 and put in a 351 Cleveland and raced the car in different forms until you 86. Regrettably, I sold it. The guy I sold it to still owns and races it today. I bought the 67 with thoughts of doing the same as I did with the 66, but it was just too nice to chop it up.

My neighbor has a really special 66, a 427, that I'm waiting for. The car really drives nice.

Very cool, thanks for sharing! Your 67‘s restoration has absolutely amazing detail.

Do you know at what point in its life that your neighbors car had the 427 swapped into it?

Very cool, thanks for sharing! Your 67‘s restoration has absolutely amazing detail.

Do you know at what point in its life that your neighbors car had the 427 swapped into it?
Yes, it was swapped before it left the dealership. He has every pc of documentation. (He's a Ford dealer)

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
The Mustang is still at Tracspec for the cage install, and I was already signed up for my friend Kyle’s annual Racing for ALS charity event at Willow Springs. Decided it was a great chance to introduce one classic icon to another! For a donation, they had a photographer doing roller shots on track with a police chase team - can’t wait to see the results. They also had a parade lap session, so I took another friend’s young daughters out for 5 or 6 laps - the raw old muscle car with the wind blowing is always instant smiles!!

Kyle asked me to instruct a few first timers in the morning. He strongly encouraged the students to have their instructors drive their car for a few laps to show the line and get a feel of the track. Cool. My students cars?? How bout a 2017 Lamborghini Huracan, a 2019 Ferrari 488 Spider and a newer Porsche Cayenne GTS!! Holy cow, how many bucket list items can I check off in one day???!!! Can’t wait to share the pro photos with you guys.

IMG_9248.jpeg
IMG_9259.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel